• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Do i have an eating disorder or am i picky?

indigoroad

indigoroad

It does not matter I am not coming back thanks
So I've always had a problem eating. Even when I was a baby I could only eat a little at a time but I would get hungry faster. That's about how things were until high school when I suddenly (and at almost dangerous levels now) stopped eating actual meals especially multiple times a day. In the past couple years I've been unable to eat more than maybe 1 meal a day total and during this meal I will have to take breaks because I feel like I'm going to throw up.
In recent weeks I've just not been hungry. But even when I am I can only eat a tiny amount of food no matter what it is and then I have to stop or I might throw up. For example, yesterday I ate half a piece of pizza and that was the only thing I could put in my body. Ironically, the less I eat, the less hungry i am. Maybe it's nothing.
I've started eating like absolute trash because if not I will have a low calorie intake for the entire day, and I'm a very active person so I burn them also.
Maybe it's nothing. I don't know. I just don't enjoy food.

UpnDwn1978

UpnDwn1978

Forum Guide
So I've always had a problem eating. Even when I was a baby I could only eat a little at a time but I would get hungry faster. That's about how things were until high school when I suddenly (and at almost dangerous levels now) stopped eating actual meals especially multiple times a day. In the past couple years I've been unable to eat more than maybe 1 meal a day total and during this meal I will have to take breaks because I feel like I'm going to throw up.
In recent weeks I've just not been hungry. But even when I am I can only eat a tiny amount of food no matter what it is and then I have to stop or I might throw up. For example, yesterday I ate half a piece of pizza and that was the only thing I could put in my body. Ironically, the less I eat, the less hungry i am. Maybe it's nothing.
I've started eating like absolute trash because if not I will have a low calorie intake for the entire day, and I'm a very active person so I burn them also.
Maybe it's nothing. I don't know. I just don't enjoy food.
If your eating habits are making you feel sick you should probably consult a professional to get an assesment. It might not be mental health related it can also be a physical condition. In any case I would have it checked out just in case. Take care and best wishes.

M

A

Am33

ACCOUNT CLOSED
From your other posts I say your mind is tuning into the mass consciousness which is very real energy field from all the people on earth( negative energy out there ) and can over power people just as the mob consciousness can also . It can cause addictions , anger , SH , delusions, eating disorders Just as turning the dial on a radio you have to turn the dial away from the mass consciousness there are tools out there on the net positive affirmations , mantras , prayers .

OmniscientNihilist

OmniscientNihilist

people starve themselves for the same reason they stuff themselves. because it distracts from other feelings they dont like

if you are going below a healthy body weight then try and find something you can eat. with me i love fruit and can eat it even when i dont want to eat. it just goes down so easy. so that is my solution when i dont want food. perhaps you can find something similar. because even if you dont feel like eating there is other benefits to keeping healthy

P

Purpleplum

It doesn't sound an eating disorder to me. It also doesn't sound like just being picky.. it's beyond that.

I'd hamper a guess at it being an intestinal problem. I'd get it check by a gastroenterologist.

T

TravelingSparrow

Yes sounds like you could have gastroparesis. Delayed gastric emptying. This can definitely effect your relationship with food. Definitely should talk to your doctor about that. Especially mentioning your urge to be sick when you eat. They should see if you have an deficiencies too.
I would try maybe meal shakes. And vitamins. Ur diet effects ur energy and mood and mental health. U don’t wanna be causing urself unnecessary trouble bc ur diet. Talk tour doctor and look the disorder up.