Do background sounds effect your voices?

K

Kurt7

I wondered if anyone elses voices changed with sounds in the room. I noticed early on that when I was in my room, which is most of the time, with my electric fan on the voices get louder. Also when the heating or cooling kick "on" the volume of them increases. I've been through the gambit with trying to figure out these voices since they started. At first I thought I was channeling, telepathic (because sometimes I know what they're going to say before they say it) or physic (sp). I've talked to angels and demons, ET's (I think I'm one), Jesus, beings from other dimensions and even earth people with electronic devices. I'm always challenging them and questioning them, a lot of times I get answers like "We can't answer that" or "we're not gonna tell you" but sometimes we get into good debates or they lead me into some real thought provoking questioning of their own.
When it got real bad I got on medication and it's quieter now.
Back to my question, why would my fan consistenly make them louder? If it's in my head, why would something in the physical environment make a difference?
Thanks for listening.
Namaste'
Kurt

R

RainbowElf

Hi :)

I can not say that things like clicks of the heating affect my voices.

However if there are too many noises, or something loud on then my voices increase to make sure I can hear them.

Can be tough when you are new to voices hearing but over time you realise how to make them more manageable, or at least work out what makes them worse.

Elf :)

F

FRANK

Hey Kurt,
Volume of the voices definitely change with different ambient sounds.
Any significant external sound like a room heater or a fan or refrigerator compressor or even running water, anything, acts as an
amplifier, a modulater which increases sound volume. This effect occurs with voices that are externally sourced. Additional proof of
this is if you cover your ears with something...try a couple of wine glasses over your ears and you'll find the voices nearly completely disappear...or a pilot's headset...or even pillows over your ears.
Also if you go into much quieter rooms, like say your bathroom with
the door closed, the volume of the voices decreases. If you want
to escape the voices, turn on your radio and listen to it, or your iPod,
or even the TV.
Frank

K

Kurt7

Thanks you guys. I sure have had pillow pressed against my ears and turned off the fan and turned the radio on, helps some but uncomfortable to sleep. Sometimes I turn up the volume on the tv all the way and still hear the voices.
Still I wonder how these external factors can influence something that is "all in my head"?
Namaste'
Kurt

R

RainbowElf

If blocking sound out seems to help then carry on with it. Buy yourself some ear muffs or something similar to sleep with.

For me this technique does not work I just get more aggravated that I can still hear them.

Good Luck in getting through this.

Elf :)

F

FRANK

Elf,
Please try putting a couple of wine glasses over your ears and tell me
if the sound of the voices does not drop off dramatically.
Frank

R

RainbowElf

Do not own wine glasses as I do not drink.
I have tried putting various things against my ears and the voices are just too intense because that is all I can hear.

I need distraction and noise, but not too loud of a noise.

I know I am complicated.

Elf ...

P

Psyche

Hmmm...interesting. Usually after I take a shower my voices will get more audible. I don't know why. Also if they get really loud, any external noise drives me nuts. Even music. :( And sometimes once I've stopped hearing them, but they're still around (don't really know how to describe this :confused: ), even if the room is almost completely silent, one of their tricks is to "turn up" the volume of the room tone itself. The slightest hum can be deafening. :eek: One result of this is that when I go to bed, not only do I turn my computer off, I have to unplug it completely! But other than that, I can't think of any other external noises having an effect.