DLA

Fedup

Fedup

Founding Member
And what do you think he's going to say when he sees what we've done to the thread? :LOL:

My excuse the :innocent:that i am :LOL: ........... i'll say that Dollit made me do it !! :LOL::LOL:

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
The least of my concerns is my noisy neighbour, just heard my black neighbour shouting at my neighbour who's off her drugs "I'm sick and tired of your ranting" then thedy had a shouting match then she came down and started banging on my door and shouting

We have been lovers, it's difficult, i find her in that state intimidating, if it comes to a fight she has been physically agressive, even if i was to win, the police would go into nutter attacks defenceless women mode

Thought of phoining the emergency social services no on my care plan, but they'll just ignore it, if social services are only capable of nothing, sack the lot of them and let them do n othing on the dole

D

Dollit

I think one of the most upsetting aspects of getting to know people on here is the sense of abandonment that people feel when they're ill or they're not coping or things go wrong. I feel that intensely myself when I'm ill. I can't believe how lucky I am with my support team. Two guys this week ordering me to cut back and slow down and not to brood on something that's been happening. But the sheer desperation of feeling impotent when under stress or ill or just having a bad day is tangible at times. At one point I would have seen this admission as a sign of weakness. If I am then weak, thank you for helping me get there. :hug:

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
i know about impotence, i can't help the women upstairs, she's got to be left to the authoritys call it crisis, it's all crisis intervention, selfishly i hope the fallout for me isn't too bad

I know how she feels, i could come off drugs and maybe i'd suceeed, cheers etc or maybe i'd go into crisis, more likely and if i did go into crisis that'd reset all the care registers and in effect get the benefit lot off my back

D

Dollit

At least you're in a position to know you can't help. I get scared that I'm going to be told I've got to return to work when I know I wouldn't last a week out before I crashed. The system doesn't encourage honesty does it?

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
Honesty, you don't know your illness level if your a loony and psychiatrists won't give a straight answer if asked "How ill am i"? my gp when i asked for a straight answer said "Your ill enough to need the medication, but not ill enough to go into hospital" very broad

Scroungers can say the right thing to the benefit people and laugh it off in the pub with their mates, it's harder when theres a large element of truth, even the scrounger probably exagerates his level of health in the pub, creating this myth that the country is full of well, fit for work scroungers

ralph1

ralph1

Founding Member
At least you're in a position to know you can't help. I get scared that I'm going to be told I've got to return to work when I know I wouldn't last a week out before I crashed. The system doesn't encourage honesty does it?
Is it that we need to be honest in answer to questions about our health. Say openly to the interviewer what you do and how you react to circumstances when you are not well, say how often this can happen. Say how you react to pressure,and how you react to people (potential work colleagues) who are dismissive and ignorant about your mental health. Say how your illness affects you in the normal events of life.

I am quite sure that you are unlikely to get sent for an interview (even if you begged for one) and am equally sure that you will not be given a job offer at the end of an employers interview :oops:

D

Dollit

Ralph, I have been told by my consultant and GP that there is no chance I'm going to be one of the people that will be encouraged back to work - what I am talking about is fear. Fear and reality are two different things and having the knowledge that something isn't going to happen doesn't necessarily abate the fear that it might.

nickh

nickh

Founding Member
Ralph, I have been told by my consultant and GP that there is no chance I'm going to be one of the people that will be encouraged back to work - what I am talking about is fear. Fear and reality are two different things and having the knowledge that something isn't going to happen doesn't necessarily abate the fear that it might.
Couldn't agree more Dollit. And every suggestion that people on Incapacity Benefit/DLA are scroungers and wasters tends to induce guilt which in turn can bring on or worsen depression (well mine anyway :)). Fear and guilt are the very last things we need.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
A lot of ideas about the benefit system are suggesting interviewing everyone on benefit, i'm not so worried about been declared fit for work, i'm worried about defending the money i get now when i don't meet the physical type disability criteria very well

I was called in a while ago, the women interviewing me said "How do you spell schitsoprenia? this is the first time i've been asked to spell schitsoprenia" i said "You shouldn't be calling people in should you"

I wonder how i'd have done if i hadn't an outreach worker with me, it worries me that they wouldn't have understood, if i had argued my case coherently they'd have held been coherant aggainst me, classic Catch 22

D

Dollit

I had to ring Home Intervention recently and was told that things couldn't be as bad as I said because I was able to verbalise coherently - add that to the council suggesting that the problem may have been in my imagination and you can understand I got angry. Then of course I got into trouble for being angry. I made a complaint against HI via my psych which felt enormously good.

R

Roxy

Founding Member
Ater years of fighting to get my condition acknowleged, I finally get the benefit I deserve, however, there is always the fear of the 'brown envelope' landing on the floor, i'm so scared to open them as i'm aware it can be taken away anytime. Just over a year ago I was left to live on £44.00 a week as I was disputing a decision, this went on until my doctor signed me off again, but the benefit only rose by an extra £10 weekly till the year was up. I was at my lowest point ever, these decision makers and appeal doctors have no interest in hearing the truth, they want you off benefit and I sometimes wonder if they are on a bonus for every person they 'deem' as fit. Playing cat and mouse with us is a pastime they seem to enjoy and they disregard the obvious fact our they exacerbate our problems.:(

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
MY friend went into the job centre, he said "what is it with these people" they do get bonuses for getting people into work.

My friend ended up getting a job in a supermarket, it took a while arranging the money then he liked it until a new boss took over, he got another job and this time got less money as he was reassessed as fitter, he went on benefits after that

All the jobs were part time, all he was capable off on meds until they reassessed him to get him to work full time which wasn't feasible on the meds

D

Dollit

That's just the point though isn't it rambo - you can do some therapeutic voluntary work and you're quite happy and it makes a difference to you so somebody comes along and says "you can work part-time" which for a while works and though it's a bit of a strain you manage until the person comes along and says "if you can work part-time, you can work full-time" and the world falls down around your shoulders. They never seem to learn that ill-health is not black and white, it's shades of grey and what is right for one person is not right for another. There is no allowance for individuality - it's all about adherence to rules.