dla

S

staples

i feel i should be on a higher rate

my mum says if i fight it someone will get less if i get more is this true?

thanks for anyhelp

M

mad as a hatter

what u get got nothing 2 do with what ne 1 else gets if u feel u got a case 2 fight then do but get some advice from somewhere 1st

S

Starbright

You mustn't think that if you get the higher rate then someone else gets the lower one. The point is, are you entitled? If you are then accept it. It's there for people who need it and you are one of those people!

S

staples

You mustn't think that if you get the higher rate then someone else gets the lower one. The point is, are you entitled? If you are then accept it. It's there for people who need it and you are one of those people!
as mentioneed i will take advice, ultimately i will heid the advice of ma cpn:clap:

D

Danage

I get

as mentioneed i will take advice, ultimately i will heid the advice of ma cpn:clap:
I get the Middle Rate for something (I think living) and the Low Rate for moving around (I assume that this is the case because I am potentially suicidal (I feel suicidal now) or because I can't hear the sound of cars on the road (I am Partially Deaf)).

My CPN's report was what got me the DLA in the first place. I am happy with the money I get, personally, but if you should get a higher rate, then I would say go for it, but that's just my opinion.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
I get middle rate care and low rate mobility, wondering with the recession how long it'll pay the living expenses, went through 3 appeals and a tribunal, at which it was a majority decision, appears 1 of the 3 was against it.

I'm not so much worried about been called in for interview and been found fit for work, i'm worried about having to argue my need for the benefits all over again, and been required to hunt the required references in triplicate

S

staples

I get middle rate care and low rate mobility, wondering with the recession how long it'll pay the living expenses, went through 3 appeals and a tribunal, at which it was a majority decision, appears 1 of the 3 was against it.

I'm not so much worried about been called in for interview and been found fit for work, i'm worried about having to argue my need for the benefits all over again, and been required to hunt the required references in triplicate
im gonna leave it be for now. im not well enough the stress of an appeal would be to much just now:unsure:

my mum who is my appointee advised against it for the mean time

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
I reckon i'm crazier than the average lunatic, wish the benefit lot would recognise it

S

staples

I reckon i'm crazier than the average lunatic, wish the benefit lot would recognise it
my cpn said she has clients on top whack but we all seem to be on the same

i sahre your worrys about the current worsening financial climate tho, if it gets so bad i cant get to my football its gona be a sad sad day:cry:

D

Danage

my cpn said she has clients on top whack but we all seem to be on the same
I wonder how they measure it. I think it has something to do with the risk of suicide, but I am not so sure.

I had a high suicide rate over the course of a week (partly because of the though invasion telling me to take a fatal overdose, which slumped back down to a low risk last Monday. I was stressing about College, and whether I would be going back. Luckily for me I am, and the stress has decreased dramatically.

I did read the report my CPN typed up and it puts me at moderate suicide risk, which is probably the reason I get DLA in the first place.

F

finetime

umm iv got a friend that as epilepsy hes on top monies plus a bus and train pass to boot no bills to pay etc all done for him then all he does if go out and gets drunk..nearly every. not fair at all ..and as two hollidays abroad a year...

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
What sees me seeing red is people who get more than me telling me i'm iller than them and i'm not gettinng the money because i can't use the system because i'm too ill to use the system

The guy who threatened to kil me was on a higher rate of benefits and had a social worker, one friend said "thats because he's violent"

In some ways i'm pleased everyone's going to be called in and put to the question, those who claim to be better and get high rates, it's about time their questioned, it does worry me what they could make of me if i'm having a good day

F

finetime

What sees me seeing red is people who get more than me telling me i'm iller than them and i'm not gettinng the money because i can't use the system because i'm too ill to use the system

The guy who threatened to kil me was on a higher rate of benefits and had a social worker, one friend said "thats because he's violent"

In some ways i'm pleased everyone's going to be called in and put to the question, those who claim to be better and get high rates, it's about time their questioned, it does worry me what they could make of me if i'm having a good day
life is unfair if your a good guy these days and play by the rules but if thay need it all well and good but to pi55 it up a wall:mad:sorry about the french

Last edited:
R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
Wheres the alky neighbour getting his money? as an expert on formd i recognise the DLA ones coming through the security door.

He's also got a taxicard for free taxis to go out drinking, i've got one, you only have a few journeys a week and mine i got turned down for and had to fight my case, more stress

Probably is seriously mentally ill and self medicating on alcohol

D

Danage

Bus Pass

I've got a free bus pass, which allows me to travel anywhere in England (but not Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland) for free, but I only got it because I am also Partially Deaf.

schizolanza

schizolanza

I'm not getting any DLA.I applied and was turned down and didn't appeal.I wish I had.Now I'm thinking of applying again.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
The thing about dla is by a vagury of the benefit system, if you get dla at the middle rate for care and are living alone you also qualify for the severely disabled rate of income support, dla in itself isn't much but the total with income support is worth a lot

A lot depends on your circumstances, i beleive dla at the high rate gets you the disabled minimum income guarantee

I'm having difficulties with what i'm getting now, the women upstairs came off her meds she's now got a cpn who's promised new furniture and benefits, makes me think, i could threaten to need hospital treatment at 1000 pounds a week but what if they expect me to go through with the threat, feeling pretty catty meow

schizolanza

schizolanza

I think you should 'fight' the DLA if you think you are entitled to more money.Some may get more than they should,and others less but this will always be the case regardless of what you do with your claim.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
H Schizophrenia Forum 5