DLA to PIP

S

Stormcloud

I received a letter this morning to say that I need to claim PIP (I am still on DLA). I am dreading it all. I have heard some horror stories.

T

Twokiwisandabanana

Hi just make it out like it's your worst day
Really milk it.
good luck Nd if you are turned down you can always appeal
Sending a :hug1:

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

Forum Guide
im not going to lie to you ,my transition was awful and i ended up with standard rate for both even though cpn/support worker said i should have gotten enhanced

i hope it works out well for you as the other poster says you can always appeal
love Lu x

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
i lost the low rate mobility though went from middle care to enhanced support, much the same 30 a month extra i think, the mobility theres been a legal case awarding mentally ill people it, i don't know about getting them to reconsider, they said they'd look at all claims again sounded ominous

dread further forms drs retired the women dr i see now doesn't appear that supportive, off course you can never tell, they're so 2 faced

Per Ardua Ad Astra

Per Ardua Ad Astra

It's appalling the way dirty and diseased governments abdicate their duty of care, and criminalize not only themselves, but their senior bureaucrats and contractors in the process :)

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
It's appalling the way dirty and diseased governments abdicate their duty of care, and criminalize not only themselves, but their senior bureaucrats and contractors in the process :)
it's goverments that make the laws by definition what they do isn't criminal

mami5

mami5

I hope everything goes ok for you Stormcloud. I took my form to CAB to fill in and I was successful, twice now. CAB fill in my ESA forms too, they keep all the information on file and just reword it a bit each time. If it worked before then it should again is their motto.

Good luck and hope the whole process won't take long. You can request a home visit for the assessment, CAB always writes this down on my forms. :hug: xxx

Per Ardua Ad Astra

Per Ardua Ad Astra

it's goverments that make the laws by definition what they do isn't criminal
Legal minimums do not supplant moral maximums :)

Apart from this, the UK government is signed up to the various human rights charters and international cosy-speak, embodied in the UN isn't it? :)

Last edited:
R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
Legal minimums do not supplant moral maximums :)

Apart from this, the UK government is signed up to the various human rights charters and international cosy-speak, embodied in the UN isn't it? :)
i thought teresa may doesn't beleive in the european court of human rights and is going to give us our own human rights act

B

BrokenToy

Hey Stormcloud, I just want to wish you the best of luck and give you one piece of advice, keep a diary of EVERYTHING related to this. Phonecalls, appointments, dates when you received/returned forms, names of people you talked to in person and on the phone etc, keep a note of it all. It could save you a lot of heartache later trying to remember obscure details/dates/names. Fingers crossed this goes well for you. :peace:

S

Stormcloud

Thank you everyone.

It says in the letter that I have to call them to change over to PIP. I have a headache just thinking about it all. x

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
they'll probably want youe gps contact nos and any others you can give them, that way they can contact them quicker, they're scum who take no account of how cases have been closed

F

firemonkee57

I went from enhanced care to standard and lost the low mobility. Basically the dishonest assessor ignored what my brother said about needing someone with me on journeys and said I just needed prompting instead . I lost around £50 a week compared to what I'd been getting on DLA. Some people get lucky with PIP but most don't. It's essentially a way of trying to lower the living standards of the disabled.

T

topsy

I changed over in Jan. I got enhanced in both ( i was lower mobility and higher care on DLA- but I do have ME/CFS too unfortunately hence the mobility part)

I sent loads of evidence in. I haven't been able to drive since 2012 because I surrendered my licence to DVLA abd only been stable 3 months in last 6 years to drive-i sent my letters surrender my licence in and any diagnosis letters. I sent loads of evidence. Plus evidence of my 10 psychatric hospital stays for up to 5 month at a time.

Good luck. Xxxx

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
Got letter this morning, I am having home assessment on 23rd May, Nervous is an understatement.
heard they look in the kitchen, things like dirty saucepans or crockery are evidence you can cook for yourself

Zardos

Zardos

and when they ask you if you have a wash every day.. don't be to embarrassed to say no.. and that you have to be reminded to

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
i have a shower every 2 days and change my clothes, any more it's a problem washing clothes in the manual washing machine, recently the spin dryer has been playing up so thinking of a new washing machine, anyway i put i go days without washing

B

BrokenToy

My husband does all the cooking anyway so they can look all they like.
In that case you would need to tell the assessor at least 10 times until it sinks in for them what you actually mean and that you personally do zero cooking. Those assessors tell lies. Lots and lots of blatant lies. So you need to repeat everything at least twice so it gives them less wriggle room to lie about your claim.