• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

DLA/Freedom pass info and help required.

dib4uk

dib4uk

Hey guys and girls,

Question for you all and I will keep it short.

Q How long does it take to apply for and hear back from the DLA and the local council regarding freedom bus pass?

:confused:

D

dlzoidberg

My CPN has just sent my info+photo off, and says it will take 2-8 weeks.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
Freedom passes are the council it's seperate from the dla, the tory group on the london assembly called freedom passes a tax on londoners, guess with boris johnson in they'll be hard to get, a worry when i renew mine, he stopped the half price oyster card for people on benefits

D

dlzoidberg

My mistake. I'm applying for a Diamond bus pass.

dib4uk

dib4uk

Freedom passes are the council it's seperate from the dla, the tory group on the london assembly called freedom passes a tax on londoners, guess with boris johnson in they'll be hard to get, a worry when i renew mine, he stopped the half price oyster card for people on benefits
yeah i know its sepereate just wanted to make one thread instead of two.

Well up until now i've been using half price for people on benefits, but because of my money issues i had to give up counselling because i couldnt afford to get there.

Fingers crossed I'll get even a concessionary one.:)

DiagnosisBipolar2

DiagnosisBipolar2

My DLA decision took 2 weeks which I thought exceptionally quick seen as it was the first time I applied.

I dont live in London but where I live it's just a matter of your doctor stamping your form and you hand it in at your local council. My bus pass arrived 5 days later.

Good luck with your applications.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
My mind befriender told me that when boris johnson got in they stopped half price bus travel for people on benefits, he was on benefits basic

I don't know the rules now but last time i got a form and at the time i had a support worker, they told me the local cmhc gives them a list of people entitled, next time i won't have a support worker from the cmhc

Rethink were saying it's unfair that other groups have an automatic right but with severe mental illness it's concessionary

DiagnosisBipolar2

DiagnosisBipolar2

My mind befriender told me that when boris johnson got in they stopped half price bus travel for people on benefits, he was on benefits basic

I don't know the rules now but last time i got a form and at the time i had a support worker, they told me the local cmhc gives them a list of people entitled, next time i won't have a support worker from the cmhc

Rethink were saying it's unfair that other groups have an automatic right but with severe mental illness it's concessionary
Where I live it has got nothing to do with what benefits you are on which is just as well as I work. You get free travel for certain disabilities/mental impairments. I'm glad I don't live in London by the sound of things!

dib4uk

dib4uk

Boris did stop it, but then he opened it up for all residenst of london who are unemployed/sick/single parents claiming for 13 weeks or more

Called my local council and so far the form is still at the psychiatrist, and they've not done it yet. Wont see him till begining of october.

DLA heard nothing as of yet, only that its at the decission maker.

dib4uk

dib4uk

just an update, now have DLA, but as far as the pass goes, apparently now its harder to apply for a freedom pass on the grounds of mental health- unless you've beeen turned down for a driving licence.

Q. I've never applied for a licence in my life, so how much is it?

T

twin keck

dla

i recieved my 1 st payment within 4 weeks of sending of the form. but you have to make sure that you have all the correct information enclosed. i know my way around a dla form ive you need any advice just ask and i will see if i can help you(y)