• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

DLA...Finally got round to sending form off.

Colin76

Colin76

Founding Member
Well i finally got around to filling in and sending my dla form off though i did need help from my key worker to fill it in (i hate forms of any sort), so all i have to do is wait to here anything. Does anyone know how long it may take before i hear anything.

S

schizolanza

ACCOUNT CLOSED
You'll get a letter in a couple of weeks to say they have your application.
I've applied twice now.Got a decision after about 6 weeks in both cases.
I hope you do better than I did.I have schizophrenia,depression ,anxiety and panic attacks.They wont give me a penny.

keepsafe

keepsafe

Why wont they give you anything - do you have money already and does that have to be declared? Its astonishing that you are not entitled.
KS

S

schizolanza

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I've got a letter somewhere.Apparently I'm not disabled enough to qualify.I dont have any money.
I got my CPN to help with the form the 2nd time.
If you want any money from the bastards then you have to exaggerate to the point of lying.Something which I intend to do when I apply for the 3rd time.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
exagerrate to the point of lying, they asked me at the tribunal whether what i was saying was the truth i said "What is truth" my opinion is these things aren't written on stones brought down from mount sinai they're the way you interpret your condition, sadly with the benefit lot you have to lay it on with a trowel, it's not the way you'd like those close to you to see it

The other side is could you support yourself by working

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
seo1387 I finally got dla...? Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 14
M finally been awarded dla! Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 5
L DLA to PIP Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 7
daffy Is anybody else still on dla Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 23
fazza Anyone with schizophrenia moving from dla to pip Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 8
S DLA to PIP Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 36
Artmuzz DLA ending too soon Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 4
N Question - DLA, AND PIP Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 4
Artmuzz DLA benefit ending Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 3
R dla to pip transfer Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 113
ally41 Moving from DLA to PIP, anyone successful? Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 13
American Boy Is anybody else still on DLA Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 1
fazza New benefit cap down to £20000 outside london but ESA support group and dla/pip not affected Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 1
L Consequences of being discharged back to GP on DLA, ESA (Others?). Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 7
L dla tribunal appeal any help welcome Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 5
E Why does DLA/PIP have to be the only proof of disability?! - Rant!! Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 1
S 10% DLA Cut For A Good Cause Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 16
Grape free cinema card if on dla Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 12
Grape warm home discount if on dla Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 2
M DLA renewal Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 3
Fuscia Would i lose ESA/DLA if i do voluntary work? Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 37
Lemonade DLA forms for my son, hate filling these things out! Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 4
apple eligible for DLA but not for PIP Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 13
T Should my DLA be reinstated? Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 4
E So confused and stressed about DLA re-assessment... help? Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 1
deewock DLA Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 4
charlie says DLA renewal Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 5
N DLA Appeal Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 14
Lillyone DLA Failed. Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 4
amathus Delay to PIP from DLA in some areas... Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 2
F From DLA to PIP Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 2
J awarded dla want to appeal Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 1
R DLA Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 12
F ESA & DLA. Confused! Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 6
Artmuzz I've been awarded DLA (Mobility Lower rate) Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 1
R Is it hard to get DLA for depression Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 5
Fairy Lucretia DLA change to PIP Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 2
A Help needed: DLA awarded for 5 years. ESA stopped days later! Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 4
PeggyLuXXX PIP to replace DLA and some misleading info... Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 1
D dla early advice Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 3
S DLA Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 2
D ESA - DLA - National Insurance Stamps... Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 9
L Getting A Job While On DLA - what would happen, ie, how do you go about trying out work? Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 13
B DLA paid in a daily rate Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 2
F direct payments and DLA Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 1
B DLA for bipolar - lenght of the award? Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 2
N Atos win PIP medical contracts to move people off DLA Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 1
N DLA tribunal date Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 6
emzangelwings Turn down for DLA - what shall i do next? Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 2
A Help Needed - ESA, DLA & Atos. Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 9