• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

DLA...Finally got round to sending form off.

Colin76

Colin76

Founding Member
Well i finally got around to filling in and sending my dla form off though i did need help from my key worker to fill it in (i hate forms of any sort), so all i have to do is wait to here anything. Does anyone know how long it may take before i hear anything.

S

schizolanza

ACCOUNT CLOSED
You'll get a letter in a couple of weeks to say they have your application.
I've applied twice now.Got a decision after about 6 weeks in both cases.
I hope you do better than I did.I have schizophrenia,depression ,anxiety and panic attacks.They wont give me a penny.

keepsafe

keepsafe

Why wont they give you anything - do you have money already and does that have to be declared? Its astonishing that you are not entitled.
KS

S

schizolanza

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I've got a letter somewhere.Apparently I'm not disabled enough to qualify.I dont have any money.
I got my CPN to help with the form the 2nd time.
If you want any money from the bastards then you have to exaggerate to the point of lying.Something which I intend to do when I apply for the 3rd time.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
exagerrate to the point of lying, they asked me at the tribunal whether what i was saying was the truth i said "What is truth" my opinion is these things aren't written on stones brought down from mount sinai they're the way you interpret your condition, sadly with the benefit lot you have to lay it on with a trowel, it's not the way you'd like those close to you to see it

The other side is could you support yourself by working

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Artmuzz Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 2