• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

DLA benefit ending

Artmuzz

Artmuzz

I just received the dreaded brown letter from DWP. Apparently the Disability Living Allowance I have been getting for nearly 5 years is coming to an end and I have to phone them to apply for PIP.

The problem is that I suffer severe anxiety and depression and I am too nervous to phone them up. I don't have anyone to phone on my behalf. I was wondering if I could contact them online. There doesn't seem to be an email address to contact them on the letter. Please advise.

N

natalie

I know judging from your post, that you have severe anxiety, I don't blame you for not wanting to phone up, a suggestion though, how about if you can be able through your anxiety, go to your hopeful nearest job centre plus office, they ought to have somebody there dealing with dla anyway, and they will be the best people to advise you.

I hope this might help, and I am sorry to learn that your dla has come to an end, and that your being transferred to another type of benefit.

This is something I'll have to monitor, because I am also, on DLA. So it will most annoy me.

Natalie
Senior Member.

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Admin
Hi,
Is there an address you can write to, the CAB ( citizens advice bureau) will be able to help you. They have benefit advisors maybe someone might be able to phone for you.
Hope you get the benefit you deserve.
Take care

Funnyday

Funnyday

I just received the dreaded brown letter from DWP. Apparently the Disability Living Allowance I have been getting for nearly 5 years is coming to an end and I have to phone them to apply for PIP.

The problem is that I suffer severe anxiety and depression and I am too nervous to phone them up. I don't have anyone to phone on my behalf. I was wondering if I could contact them online. There doesn't seem to be an email address to contact them on the letter. Please advise.

Whats up? Isn't the Icke forum answers good enough for you. LOL Just kidding. Check out workandbenefits website.