• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

DLA assessment.

G

GrizzlyBear

Founding Member
In one hour!

I had forgotten.

How could I forget?

The doctor will arrive and I shall tell him how bad my memory is.

I didn't have time to prepare (ha)....but luckily my hair is already dirty and unbrushed. He will ask how my holiday went...I shall tell him that I cancelled it owing to ill health.

I shall tell him I can't do my general housekeeping...as he trips over the laundry pile.

I shall tell him I can't do DIY as he fumbles around with the dodgy door handle.

I shall tell him that I can't cope with the garden...as he gets tangled in the brambles and strangled by the triffids.

For once I think my house is too tidy. Damn. My mom said I should at least put the dirty dishes in the kitchen...and the whole place looks a little better now.

Oh my god. I am in the sort of mood where if someone talks a load of poop (including me) I am bound to get cross. So I hope he's half-way sensible or this could all turn pear-shaped quite quickly. :unsure:

I could also tell him about my vulnerable mental health...as I discomplete my sentences. Blah, blah, blah....what was I saying? Um.... :eek:

unlucky

unlucky

Founding Member
Hope you get on okay sweetie, let us know how it goes.:grouphug:

G

GrizzlyBear

Founding Member
Oh......waaah!

What a load of boll*cks!

What an @$$!

@#*!

He ended the session saying he had to ask if if I felt alright about the interview.....to ask if I were aggrieved by anything. Then he commented that I seemed very calm and that other people talking about this kind of thing would be crying. I said "Well, I'm aggrieved now".

What a figging stupid man. They don't section someone 3 times because their mental health is satisfactory.

It seems I am a failure if I cry and a failure if I do not.

Now I am crying. Happy now? Infact I wish I was dead.

I shouldn't be here should I? I am always a failure.

jax

jax

Gee whiz. That's terrible. Some Dr's are so far up their own ass that they think this are God!! I am fortunate that I have not had to apply for DLA for 11 years now. However, I expect with all these changes - I'll get re-assessed sometime soon.
Good luck Grizzly. I hope you get it renewed. x
Jacqui

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
ive always been lucky with this as my CPA fills the forms in for me, cos i find them too confusing. Last year they sent a letter back stateng due to the quantity of med and psych report i will be on it permenantly

jax

jax

Daffy I was told the same 11 years ago. I have not had to reply since. Though, as I said earlier - they are sending out letters now to people who, like myself, were told would have it for life - and re-assessing their DLA again. Thankfully this has not happened with me as of yet, but I have heard of two people who had their entire DLA taken away and another who had theirs reduced. All of whom were told they had their DLA for life. I have felt concerned since I heard this last year- gosh, I wouldn't even know if I would know how to fill in a DLA form again if I had to.

G

GrizzlyBear

Founding Member
ive always been lucky with this as my CPA fills the forms in for me, cos i find them too confusing. Last year they sent a letter back stateng due to the quantity of med and psych report i will be on it permenantly
My CPN filled in my form too Daffy. But in order to process it they have to have a medical assessment done by an independent doctor. So I was told.

Thanks for wishing me luck Jax......I suppose I shouldn't assume the worst.

G

GrizzlyBear

Founding Member
Quick update:

I was awarded the lower mobility rate of £17.75 per week. No award for the M.E. at all. I'm not sure whether I should be as p*ssed off as I am. Perhaps I should be grateful for what I have been awarded.

I'm not surprised at all.

shaun3210

shaun3210

Small victory! :clap:

Are you going to appeal? ...hope it goes well if you do :)

G

GrizzlyBear

Founding Member
Small victory! :clap:

Are you going to appeal? ...hope it goes well if you do :)
Thank-you! :D

I will ask my CPN what he thinks. If he thinks I am lucky to get what I have I shall leave it. If he thinks appealing would result in an improved award then I will appeal. You are right - it is a small victory, and maybe it will go some way toward running costs for a car when I pass my test. (y)

jax

jax

Gosh, that's not great at all. I would for sure - appeal!! I didn't realize you had M.E too!! I would imagine that you are entitled to more. Good luck if you review.
Jacqui

dib4uk

dib4uk

wow isnt claiming DLA hard? I tried once and was turned down, two people that i know have tried, and got turned down, one with learning disabillities and one with a cogenital detoriation?? that ends up in a wheelchair.

DLA needs to be more accessible for people to know what to claim for and how.

S

schizolanza

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I've been turned down twice.I thiunk it will soon be time to bend the truth a little to get anything.

G

GrizzlyBear

Founding Member
I think one needs a professional (in my case my CPN) to help fill in the application form. He has written a letter to them...when he read it out to me it made me cry - it sounded so sad. However, what he wrote was the truth...I think sometimes people don't say it like it is because they are often inclined to try to make things look better than they really are - if only to try and comfort themselves (and perhaps to reassure others...family...social work etc).

And we are creatures of the moment too....it is easier for a CPN, say, to look at the whole picture and not the little bit of each day that might make one appear ineligible for DLA.

It does seem that it gets increasingly difficult to obtain benefits and I think those who claim benefits falsely are responsible for much of that.

dib4uk

dib4uk

Ahh ok.

It just seems to me to be such a mind filed, yeah a CPN should be experienced in these matters.

Maybe I should have a go when i have my report from my psychiatrist- hopefully, but I still think that DLA is a mind filled.:evil: