• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Divorced Retired socially isolated 3 years now can’t budge to socialize

G

GodsArtist1971

Divorced company folded 3 years ago same time. My ex husband and I talk on the phone different states. I can only receive a small amount of government aid. I’m socially retarded now not able to budge. Lost touch in the past 11 years new state no contacts private marriage with anyone I know elsewhere. They moved on won’t talk on the phone because they’re busy and really I’m scared to reach out to people. Recently quit alcohol that I’ve been escaping through because it makes me Manic. So 7 days sober today need to attend AA but socially confused and scared to budge. I space out every time I want to head out like blank out in fear. I’m nervous to be in a closed setting of strangers after an intimate marriage strangers won’t reach out to me in AA I just know it and if they do I’ll shutter. So sensitive ugh how yo get stronger don’t know.

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
With coronavirus, there aren't many social options, even if you feel able to get out. I think for now AA might be essential to you as being alone so much must be suffocating.

During lockdown, i was walking twice a day and luckily live in a nice area, but i didn't get to talk to many people. Luckily i have a couple of people i see and it is like oxygen. I don't work either, not married, live alone, and if i don't go out every other day, i would become a wreck and forget how to walk.

Right now i am spreading my food shopping out over the week. One day i get milk, the next bread, the next fish. I used to sit in starbucks with a book or go to the library. Swimming was a big think for me too and i did yoga classes. It really was hard at times to go and there were big gaps but starbucks was never hard :) that lure of coffee and cake.

People in charge don't realise how much money we need when we need to live day to day. It isn't a luxury to have a coffee out or go swimming, it is essential. We aren't ladies wot lunch, but trying to retain social skills and stay alive, stay off alcohol.

A timetable might help keep a routine when at home. You MUST have time out of the house, even if a walk to the corner of the street. It is essential to life. The less you do, the less you can do. You need Vitamin D/sunlight otherwise you will get very tired.

G

GodsArtist1971

With coronavirus, there aren't many social options, even if you feel able to get out. I think for now AA might be essential to you as being alone so much must be suffocating.

During lockdown, i was walking twice a day and luckily live in a nice area, but i didn't get to talk to many people. Luckily i have a couple of people i see and it is like oxygen. I don't work either, not married, live alone, and if i don't go out every other day, i would become a wreck and forget how to walk.

Right now i am spreading my food shopping out over the week. One day i get milk, the next bread, the next fish. I used to sit in starbucks with a book or go to the library. Swimming was a big think for me too and i did yoga classes. It really was hard at times to go and there were big gaps but starbucks was never hard :) that lure of coffee and cake.

People in charge don't realise how much money we need when we need to live day to day. It isn't a luxury to have a coffee out or go swimming, it is essential. We aren't ladies wot lunch, but trying to retain social skills and stay alive, stay off alcohol.

A timetable might help keep a routine when at home. You MUST have time out of the house, even if a walk to the corner of the street. It is essential to life. The less you do, the less you can do. You need Vitamin D/sunlight otherwise you will get very tired.
I’ll get out the alcohol withdrawals are hard almost unbearable I like the comfort right now of my mom too much stimulus now makes me shaky thanks

K

karl7

Divorced company folded 3 years ago same time. My ex husband and I talk on the phone different states. I can only receive a small amount of government aid. I’m socially retarded now not able to budge. Lost touch in the past 11 years new state no contacts private marriage with anyone I know elsewhere. They moved on won’t talk on the phone because they’re busy and really I’m scared to reach out to people. Recently quit alcohol that I’ve been escaping through because it makes me Manic. So 7 days sober today need to attend AA but socially confused and scared to budge. I space out every time I want to head out like blank out in fear. I’m nervous to be in a closed setting of strangers after an intimate marriage strangers won’t reach out to me in AA I just know it and if they do I’ll shutter. So sensitive ugh how yo get stronger don’t know.
i found the people i met in AA t o be very supportive and understanding