New member
Feb 4, 2019
mortdale, Sydney

Lost my wife to this in 2010...and was in for the long-haul to get her back. but she never came back, something else did, and didn't love me, care or wanted any connection to me. I tried for years and was taken to breaking point by this person who had no emotional response or action to my distress. She has been sectioned a few times now and our daughter (who is now 16) has seen it all in her mother and got services in to take her away.

In short I had an 8 yr marriage of much happiness and then a descent into hell with someone who was not connected to me whatsover and no marriage at all for the next 8 yrs - emotional torture is a pretty accurate to what happened. I seperated 1 year ago and now explained that I want a divorce.

I have money to give her that we had from 2010, when we were a couple....then my father up and died and in her Mania when our marriage did not exist (but my fathers inheritance came to me). My wife wants half of this now, and I am torn, as she has not been involved for 8 yrs with me, lifted a finger or acted to save or heal any pain, ran from all doctors I set-up for her (or) fought with them.

What are my legal rights here - I have quite some money to had over, but to hand over half to someone who has tortued your mind to make your existance worthess in life upsets me greatly. I do wish to hold money back for our daughter to go to University and to make an inheritance for her.

I am not trying to be an arse here - its just half my marriage was with an absent partner and bipolar/mania destroyed the family, her and me in the end....what advice can be offered to me to make a peaceful resolution here and not go the lawyers route.

thanks in advance!


Well-known member
Founding Member
Dec 16, 2007
hiding behind the sofa
I’m not sure that anyone on here can give you the legal advice that you want. You need to contact a divorce lawyer and see where you stand.

Similar threads