• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Diurnal Mood Variation

C

celticlass

I experience this and very much so at the moment. As I am understanding it, it is thought that its presence
is a marker of the depression being biological. I think I am managing to be a little more active and getting basics done, most days. At the moment I am ruminating a lot on my expected biopsy results. I swing from thinking there will be a simple remedy to I am terminally ill with not long left. Anyway, it would be interesting to hear if others experience the morning low mood that gets a bit better as the day goes on. Thanks.

Lone_wanderer

Lone_wanderer

@celticlass, yeah my mood my anxiety and paranoia are very strong for the first couple of hours after I wake, I tend to spend the first two hours in the morning smoking cigs and drinking a lot of tea and coffee when it begins to pass. Hope the biopsy results come back. My ex h ad a colonscopy and endoscopy to check for abnormalities in the digestive tract, it was a worrying time while we waited for the results.

C

celticlass

I can relate to the taking a lot of coffee. I like to be left alone to 'come round' in my own
time. Hopefully everything will be okay with my results. Thank you Lone Wanderer.

M

Mav2126

I can COMPLETELY relate to having a low mood in the morning every day. It takes 3-4 hours for me to come out of the negative mood and I drink alot of coffee - which then makes me jittery. Need to limit my coffee intake.