• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Disturbances.

F

flatz

I got voices on and off through the day, they are instructional, derisive, accusatory, pleasant and can interupt my thoughts/thinking.

I cogitate about why this is, if it's telepathy, brain damage from extended street drug use through the ninties, a difficult birth with prolonged umbilical strangulation, sexual experiences as a child.

My psychiatrist says I also have tactile hallucinations.

Purple Chaos

Purple Chaos

I don't know if you'll ever be able to pin it down to one event. There are too many possibilities, too many variables. It could be just one thing or it could be events combined in a particular way and at a particular time.

Do you think knowing the cause would make you feel better? I suppose I can see why it would.

I hope you don't mind me asking but how do you experience your tactile hallucinations? Do these occur regularly?

F

flatz

It may be just a mixture of things tho I read alot and trauma is said to play a part in some MI.

I hope you don't mind me asking but how do you experience your tactile hallucinations? Do these occur regularly?
I physically feel being sexually touched with nobody there in the external reality. the experience is very real to me.
It disturbs me more than anything. and is less frequent than the voice hearing.

Purple Chaos

Purple Chaos

Trauma, yes, I don't doubt it.

With regards to the tactile hallucinations. that must be awful! Sorry to hear you've been going through this. It must have quite an effect on you and I can understand how disturbing this must be. At least it occurs less often than the voices, though I'm sure that's of little comfort.