• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Distraction?

R

riverofdragons

I'm feeling so bad right now. I can't stop crying and my mind keeps going to thoughts of hurting myself. I'm feeling so alone. I don't want to phone the doctor or anything as I'm sure I will snap out of it soon, and I can't phone helplines because I loose the ability to speak when I am like this.

Is anyone around to chat? Distraction is the only idea I have...

L

lilslugger

i know how that feels+

i know how that feels. All i can say is keep busy doing whatever you like to do. Maybe flicking an elastic band on your wrist and drawing cut marks with a red pen will help. I keep a chart in my bedroom and everyday i go without self harm i put a tick on it if i get enough ticks i buy myself something nice. Hang in there.

L

lonelyandlost

I am sorry you are feeling like this

I know this is a while from when you posted, how are you doing?

R

riverofdragons

I'm ok, just kind of slipped into a quiet depression. Finding it very difficult to quiet the voice telling me there is a lot of alcohol, scapels and strong pain medication in the house. I am winning so far. It will get harder when I go to bed because I will be alone. I don't think I am safe alone.

E

edc

Sounds like you need an evening of watching Mama Mia and drinking a bottle of fizz with a good friend. Make like a gay man for a while. Seriously, though, I hope your life goes better for you very soon. Try to enjoy it and not to shrink from it. This is still a wonderful world that we live in and I truly believe that the majority of people are good. Sometimes it feels as though the world is against you, but it really isn't.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Tawny Depression Forum 5