• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Dissociative Identity Disorder Help!!

S

SolarClipze1988

Not sure how to really start talking about myself, I constantly feel like 2 different people. I always thought that i was prone to potential mood swings with no real reason other then basic enviromental factors, but recently i have been looking at things a bit differently, and noticing things that idid not before. One such instance is i tend to view myself as a fighter/warrior someone who is not looking for war but is willing to fight one, only to realize today that i only want peace and love in my life. but these feelingns keep jumping back and forth with no set in stone schedule. My main being does not change i don't think, I still see myself as myself but my entire outlook seems to change when it comes to emotions. Has anyone ever been in a similar position who might be able to talk and guide me or even just talk and share experience?

2Much2Feel

Not sure how to really start talking about myself, I constantly feel like 2 different people. I always thought that i was prone to potential mood swings with no real reason other then basic enviromental factors, but recently i have been looking at things a bit differently, and noticing things that idid not before. One such instance is i tend to view myself as a fighter/warrior someone who is not looking for war but is willing to fight one, only to realize today that i only want peace and love in my life. but these feelingns keep jumping back and forth with no set in stone schedule. My main being does not change i don't think, I still see myself as myself but my entire outlook seems to change when it comes to emotions. Has anyone ever been in a similar position who might be able to talk and guide me or even just talk and share experience?
Hey, @SolarClipze1988, welcome to the forum. Really sorry you are going through this. I can say I relate in that I have borderline personality disorder (BPD) and my emotions can shift so much for no known reason sometimes that I just don't trust them any longer. One minute I'll agree to take on some big project and get involved, the next I want nothing to do with it, etc. Not sure if this is the same as what you are talking about. It is really frustrating and hard to make decisions, etc.

I hope you find the forum super helpful. People will come along over the hours that relate to what you're talking about and offer support and understanding. Hang in there. Glad you're here. xx

Bod

Bod

Hello and welcome to the forum, I hope you will settle in here and get any help and advice off the caring members as everyone can be so great in their advice.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
A adhd & anxiety/depression & dissociative episodes Introduce Yourself 3
N MS or Dissociative Disorder Introduce Yourself 5
M Mental illness veteran with dissociative symptoms Introduce Yourself 2
L Depression and identity link - can anyone help? Introduce Yourself 4
F Borderline personality disorder Introduce Yourself 4
D Hi my name is dawn, just joined and I have an anxiety disorder. Introduce Yourself 16
P Generalized Anxiety Disorder/Constant Worry about the stupidest things/never sleep well Introduce Yourself 5
P New User. Generalized Anxiety Disorder which makes me worry CONSTANTLY. Introduce Yourself 14
D Long long long long term eating disorder Introduce Yourself 2
S Angry Sleeping Disorder From Severe Sexual Abuse.... Introduce Yourself 3
T My experience with derealization disorder Introduce Yourself 4
B New schizoaffective disorder Lamictal Introduce Yourself 6
C Living with an eating disorder, apathy, recurring depressive episodes and - most recent - absolute aversion towards sex due to newly acquired trauma Introduce Yourself 3
T New here. Dealing with an eating disorder Introduce Yourself 4
shy guy Major depressive disorder Introduce Yourself 5
R Obsessive-Compulsive Personality Disorder Introduce Yourself 5
P Emotionally unstable personality disorder Introduce Yourself 12
A All-of-the-Above Disorder Introduce Yourself 6
K I am New. I have had Major depress Disorder and anxiety for 15 years.I am on lots or of med and need people to talk to who understand. Introduce Yourself 5
J Hi.brand new to this.i have just been diagnosed with clclothymic disorder.any advice on this would be more than grateful.thanks. Introduce Yourself 6
R Have bipolar 1 disorder for 30 years Introduce Yourself 3
T spitting foods eating disorder Introduce Yourself 4
J Bi polar disorder Introduce Yourself 3
J Hello, im looking to chat with people with conversion disorder Introduce Yourself 2
W (Generalised Anxiety Disorder) & Health Anxiety Introduce Yourself 2
D Anxiety/Panic disorder/ADD and ... vertigo? Introduce Yourself 4
L Hi I've joined as I struggle with anxiety and depression. I'm also supporting my 18yr daughter with an eating disorder. She's in denial. Introduce Yourself 6
A What disorder do I have? Introduce Yourself 3
B Hi i'm a borderline personality disorder sufferer and have felt stigmatised most of my life Introduce Yourself 16
H Reverse seasonal affective disorder Introduce Yourself 6
9 Panic disorder, anxiety and agoraphobia Introduce Yourself 6
A Hi, I'm new. Any mums on here who have an adult child with borderline personality disorder? Introduce Yourself 3
L Hi, I have social anxiety and bipolar disorder Introduce Yourself 1
Luna95 Eating disorder used as self harm Introduce Yourself 5
G Conversion disorder Introduce Yourself 3
LePlusBeau1 Living With Schizoaffective Disorder Introduce Yourself 9
J Looking for help with my son who has a severe tic disorder Introduce Yourself 4
S What is your bipolar disorder symptoms with medication? Introduce Yourself 3
D Anxiety Disorder Introduce Yourself 1
T MDD and mixed personality disorder can’t cope Introduce Yourself 4
kilroywashere21 I’ve Been Struggling With Bipolar Disorder Since 2015 Introduce Yourself 1
C paranoid skizophrenic and suffering generalised anxiety disorder Introduce Yourself 2
D Hi I'm 46 I live with my son he's 10 he has a anxiety disorder been diagnosed since the age of 4 I'm now experiencing anxiety 😔 Introduce Yourself 2
A Bipolar, ADHD, Borderline Personality Disorder, Aspergers Introduce Yourself 1
R Diabetes and Bipolar Disorder the perfect storm Introduce Yourself 2
K My Very Long And Worthwhile Journey With Bipolar Disorder Type One Introduce Yourself 2
Alice Raven I'm here because I have a friend whom I believe suffers from Borderline Personality Disorder Introduce Yourself 4
P Bipolar/boarderline personality disorder Introduce Yourself 7
E Hi I have just joined and would really like to connect with others who struggle with ocd, anxious avoidant disorder and other connecting difficulties. Introduce Yourself 25
C Delusional disorder - I have not been given much information. Introduce Yourself 4