• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Dissociating/derealisation help

jajingna

jajingna

I wonder what causes it. Sometimes it just comes out of nowhere. Like on a normal day, just out for a walk or going shopping, and there it is suddenly, that strange sense that it all feels not quite real somehow. Like it's all a dream or something. Some people recommend "grounding" yourself using the senses to focus on things that are around you. Sometimes it helps just to talk, even a few words with anybody, like a store worker. Some of my dissociation I guess comes from lots of alone time, being solitary and lost in thoughts so much of the time.

K

KittyCat92

I wonder what causes it. Sometimes it just comes out of nowhere. Like on a normal day, just out for a walk or going shopping, and there it is suddenly, that strange sense that it all feels not quite real somehow. Like it's all a dream or something. Some people recommend "grounding" yourself using the senses to focus on things that are around you. Sometimes it helps just to talk, even a few words with anybody, like a store worker. Some of my dissociation I guess comes from lots of alone time, being solitary and lost in thoughts so much of the time.
It’s happening nearly every morning and during that time I’m around people at work and talking to them but I still feel ‘zoned out’ for want of a better word. I want to know how to snap out of it, I hate it.

jajingna

jajingna

Yeah, How to snap out of it... I dunno if there is a way to do that.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
J I’m not sure if I’m dissociating Dissociation, Depersonalisation and Derealisation 4
A Dissociating severe depression Dissociation, Depersonalisation and Derealisation 6
M Can't Stop Dissociating Dissociation, Depersonalisation and Derealisation 2
anayamoo Was I dissociating last night? Dissociation, Depersonalisation and Derealisation 2
ThisIsOnlyABumpInTheRoad Dissociating = loss of sympathy? Dissociation, Depersonalisation and Derealisation 2
C Dissociating during therapy!! Dissociation, Depersonalisation and Derealisation 4
K Dissociating Dissociation, Depersonalisation and Derealisation 1
R Help with dissociating? Dissociation, Depersonalisation and Derealisation 12
M Am I, have I been dissociating? Dissociation, Depersonalisation and Derealisation 1
clouds1999 Dissociating for years at a time? Dissociation, Depersonalisation and Derealisation 11
K dissociating in therapy Dissociation, Depersonalisation and Derealisation 11
Lincoln1990 keep dissociating. At least that's what I think is happening. Dissociation, Depersonalisation and Derealisation 2
FallingLeaves Derealisation while driving Dissociation, Depersonalisation and Derealisation 2
S Derealisation Dissociation, Depersonalisation and Derealisation 1
L Anyone have or heard of a neurological cause for derealisation/depersonalisation/dissociation? Dissociation, Depersonalisation and Derealisation 2
T Derealisation long term Dissociation, Depersonalisation and Derealisation 3
M Depersonalization/Derealisation?????? Dissociation, Depersonalisation and Derealisation 2
D Who on here suffers with derealisation? Dissociation, Depersonalisation and Derealisation 1
J how to help friend who struggles with depersonalization and derealisation? Dissociation, Depersonalisation and Derealisation 1
L Have constant derealisation for 1.5 years Dissociation, Depersonalisation and Derealisation 2
Kezav18 Derealisation with deep depression hallucinations Dissociation, Depersonalisation and Derealisation 6
R Depersonalisation and Derealisation are ruining my life... Dissociation, Depersonalisation and Derealisation 1
K Sudden dizzy feeling...symptom of derealisation? Dissociation, Depersonalisation and Derealisation 1
U Do I actually have Derealisation or am I psych-ing myself out Dissociation, Depersonalisation and Derealisation 1
L Derealisation getting worse? Dissociation, Depersonalisation and Derealisation 16
Heidrun Your struggles and coping with dissociation/depersonalisation/derealisation. Dissociation, Depersonalisation and Derealisation 7
S Do I have derealisation? Dissociation, Depersonalisation and Derealisation 6
A Derealisation Dissociation, Depersonalisation and Derealisation 3
Anon_21 Derealisation? Daydreaming? What is this??? Dissociation, Depersonalisation and Derealisation 5
P My experience of Anxiety, OCD and Derealisation Dissociation, Depersonalisation and Derealisation 1
B Some simptoms of dissociation/depersonalisation/derealisation Dissociation, Depersonalisation and Derealisation 20
RainbowHeartz Possible derealisation just clicked Dissociation, Depersonalisation and Derealisation 14
V Derealisation symptoms, please help? Dissociation, Depersonalisation and Derealisation 13
M maybe derealisation? Dissociation, Depersonalisation and Derealisation 3
marcustwelve Dissociation, Depersonalisation or Derealisation?? Dissociation, Depersonalisation and Derealisation 12
J Unsure, help please Dissociation, Depersonalisation and Derealisation 1
R Please help, I feel like I’m the only person suffering with this! Dissociation, Depersonalisation and Derealisation 4
F I need advice and help Dissociation, Depersonalisation and Derealisation 1
E Need help with depersonalization, Please! Dissociation, Depersonalisation and Derealisation 2
C Scared of existence of my own mind and conciousness. Please help Dissociation, Depersonalisation and Derealisation 24
D Episodic strange state of mind? help Dissociation, Depersonalisation and Derealisation 3
O I need help but i cant tell anyone about my problems. Dissociation, Depersonalisation and Derealisation 11
D Need some kinda help Dissociation, Depersonalisation and Derealisation 10
Catty5 Dissociated and depersonalized.... help me Dissociation, Depersonalisation and Derealisation 105
S Need help Dissociation, Depersonalisation and Derealisation 3
AEWDude New member with Depersonalisation disorder. Help. Dissociation, Depersonalisation and Derealisation 3
M I need help Dissociation, Depersonalisation and Derealisation 2
J Some help Dissociation, Depersonalisation and Derealisation 4
F Help? Dissociation, Depersonalisation and Derealisation 2
SapphireFaerie Please help me find the answers my doctor won't... Dissociation, Depersonalisation and Derealisation 4