• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Disorganised company : - Constantly pissed off

S

sci31A

The company I work for is a complete joke, they are extremely disorganised.:doh:

I do this job as a means to an end, and I spend more time dealing with the mess that is the company than doing the job I was employed to do. Most people at the company wont speak up and say the truth they are ''yes people'' people who tell the boss what the boss wants to hear rather than the truth etc....:LOL:

I get pissed off every day because of the amount of bullshit I deal with daily. :nod1:
My boss has noticed this.

The equipment they have provided does not work half the time, documentation & admin they have is a complete joke (incorrect, non-existent, irrelevant), extremely inefficient company, the software they write is riddled with bad programming, inadequate programing & full of errors. The systems they use fail regularly, every simple task is turned into a lengthy one because of all of the above. Computers and data bases are shockingly bad.

:BLAH::nod1::LOL:

S

sci31A

Angry, stressed want to punch most people at work.

I'm expected to repair 10 different items simultaneously, answer calls while I'm doing this, reply to emails while I'm doing those, book items in while I'm doing all of those, using a system that does not work half the time.

An example repairs quantities (12, 5, 7, 24) units and they want them all done the same day and train the new guy at the same time.

I'm one guy with over a hundred repairs to do, I got customers screaming back at me, the main bosses going why is the quantity not done.

And to top it off I got production staff being constantly being malicious, shit stirring, the works while I'm doing all of the above. I'd love to punch all of them.

I'm sick off it, at 2pm'ish I almost got up and walked out was gonna tell the manger ''stick your job your company is a F***ing joke, I have never seen such chaos & bulls*** before''.

The job is boring as hell, and I have to put up with all this.:unsure::doh:

S

sci31A

Scream.........................................../

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Sounds incredibly stressful!
Has it always been this bad, or has it got worse?
I suppose finding another job isn't possible? x

S

sci31A

I have very little time to go job hunting for the right job again, when I got made redundant I took the first job that came along as there was no time to wait for the others that is how I ended up in my current job etc...

Very stressful, a good thing is I'm resilient, the bad thing is I'll probably tell the boss to 'stick it'.

It has got really busy suddenly and they have been trying to get 1 man to do a 1 1/2 persons jobs since I started, now it has got to the point were there is so much work for one person alone to manage it has become a 2-3 person job if they want quick turn around.

The company are utterly disorganised that is why 1 person has been doing a 1 1/2 persons job. That and they don't want to spend money, clueless pulling figures out of their rear end and basing statistics on them.

S

sci31A

If you have 8 hours to get repairs done:

But,

1hr 30min : liaising with clients
4hR 5 units
4 Hr for 3 Units
5Hr for 8 units
2Hr prating about document searching (disorganised data base) and poor systems that fail
Train the new guy : 2hr
Total time required = 14Hr 30

Realistically how are you supposed work that will take 14Hr 30 min done in 8hrs other than working unpaid overtime. That's like an addition days work they want done for free almost.

Which they can F* off.

S

sci31A

When I think about it, it makes me laugh:LOL:

There not repairs in the conventional sense, 87% or so attributed to software issues and updates required. less than 13% are actual hardware repairs.

Hundred's of different programmes & directories all too few are in any form of order. badly labelled, incorrectly labelled, not labelled, non-existent, corrupted, incompatible the list is endless. :rolleyes:

Which programmes goes with which units, nobody knows all the documents and data bases are fragmented and scattered all over the network.

Jaminacaranda

Jaminacaranda

Just wanted to say I understand your work problems although I've never worked in IT (well, I did in 1972, for six weeks, and I've taught it to 8 year olds and younger, but not the same thing obviously!) and I think it's an endemic problem in all work sectors today. If making a profit becomes not simply the main goal of a company but in fact the sole goal then it justifies them in a) employing too few people to accomplish all the tasks needed and thus relying more on more on employees doing unpaid overtime 2) employing people 'on the cheap' which may include temporary contracts, zero hours contracts or employing people who don't have the full compliment of skills needed for a task c) designating employee roles in a very specific way so that no-one has a great deal of responsibility or understanding of the whole system, because they are easier to control and check up on that way d) ignoring employee needs because they should just be damn grateful for having a job in the first place e) ignoring customer/client needs as far as possible because most of them get trapped into the system and once in they will have to continue and pay up anyway f) ignoring long-term goals like continuing maintenance of systems because the only goal is short-term profit to please the shareholders.

I could be wrong. It's just how I see it. I retired from teaching early because I just couldn't stand working with idiotic sheep.

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

I have something to say on this topic, but I lack the skill of language.

Anyway you have all made good points.

S

sci31A

No your totally on the ball.

S

sci31A

Oh boy..................................:doh:

Every day is the same. A delusional company with managers that seem to believe they are highly organised or their living in denial.:LOL:

Every task I under take has multiple issues because of the poor organisation skills of the company I work for, I don't even like the job I only took it because I got made redundant. I have no interest in taking note of 100's of different programme names and models & variants ''BORING''. :sleepy2:

1) load programme 'xyz' to unit 'x' as per the document but the programme you actually need is 'yhg' and is not listed any where and is thrown in a directory some where? on a data base and no one knows where it is?

2) Refer to document 'T', 'F' and 'L' for details on programming & test, you refer to doc's and there are little or no relevant details for what you need.

3) Use programme 'Test x', where do you find the programme? oh and the name of the programme is also different.

4) Refer to associated doc's : Use test cable AKP112 is spread across 6 different documents is all that is listed, so which programmes do I upload? where do I find the programmes? which test script do I use?
Answer : no one knows.

5) ''Follow the test'' only the test data is incorrect.

6) ''Follow the test'' only the test document is not the right version, so which version is it? and where is it? does it even exist?
Answer : no one knows

But a few examples.

S

sci31A

There are hundreds of examples, everything they could get wrong is wrong.

Me and my colleague joke ''ad least their consistent''.:D

Ha ha ha ha ha ha , :LOL:

Not that that's a good thing.