• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Disordered Eating VS. Holidays

4LeafClover

4LeafClover

I’m stuck in an in between of either starvation and binging for awhile now. I am restricting rn because if I’m still suffering in my mind, at least I’m not gaining weight or ruining my esophagus by purging. I have no moderation, and can’t find a healthy balance.
But holidays are so painful. Because they surround around food. So I can’t escape it.
And when I starve, I’m so depressed, so I have to try even harder to make myself smile and have enough energy to converse.

It’s easier to hide that I’m starving myself because people think I’m just staying rigid with my food in order to not trigger a binge. But in reality I’m digging deeper into my eating disorder by using restriction. Just more silent so it doesn’t alarm others.

I’m so depressed and anxious:(

O

Orangeade

I’m sorry you’re feeling this way. I dont understand eating disorders, but im sending you love and support. Please message me if you need to talk or just rant