• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Dismal

B

blue spark

Hello everybody.Have not been on for a while,been on a downer.I must get away from my family because they are doing my head in,all there problems upon me when i have problems of my own.A brother in law who expects me to keep him occupied,When i struggle to keep myself occupied,other family who rely on me when i can't be bothered doing for myself.Sill having a stressfull time over my benefits being stopped,but got a doctors letter and they say they will pay me while my appeal goes throu.I think thats a good sign.Am just not geting out anywhere,its not healthy physically or mentaly.I need to get out more.I am really struggling to cope with things,am just glad i can come on here and have a moan.I am 57 soon,single,domesticated,reliable and realy in need of a best lady friend,who likes bootsales,days out,or out for a drive round and a bite to eat with a no pressure total friendship ,muteual help and support kind of lady who suffers like i do.Yes, i wish i could find someone.Have car will travel.Any way enough said for now.See ya later.

Unique1

Unique1

Hi Clive.
I'm lucky I don't have family with problems right now, but understand it must be such an added pressure for you.just wanted to say hope things improve on that front. It's hard enough coping with our illness, I find I have to be a bit more selfish than I ever used to be ,and think about my issues, because if I didn't I would be any good to anyone anyway..this site is great to come and vent and really helps. Hope things improve soon for you...

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Just want to say i'm sorry you're on a downer.
Family pressures can really affect you, can't they?
I'm glad you're getting some money whilst you're going through the appeals process - that is a good sign.
Really hope you find the companionship you seek soon. :hug1:

B

blue spark

Hi Clive.
I'm lucky I don't have family with problems right now, but understand it must be such an added pressure for you.just wanted to say hope things improve on that front. It's hard enough coping with our illness, I find I have to be a bit more selfish than I ever used to be ,and think about my issues, because if I didn't I would be any good to anyone anyway..this site is great to come and vent and really helps. Hope things improve soon for you...
Yes,if you try to pleas everybody,you eventually,burn yourself out,youy right i need some me time.Looking forward to spring allready.thanks.

Unique1

Unique1

Clive your so right..I am a people pleaser and it got me so ill in the end, but I inow it isn't easy just to stop. I had to for the sake of my health, good news about them paying you while your appeal goes through too, one less worry...spring isn't far away :)