• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Discrimination from mental health

C

Cazzy_1

I have been discriminated for my spirituality by the mental health.

I have been victimised by the mental health

I have been assaulted by the mental health

I have been credit listed because of the mental health

I have lost my family because of a label given to me by the mental health

I have had no support, care or help from the mental health

They are criminals telling me what to do

They revoked my drivers licence once managed to get it back only if I agree to have mental health intervention and be bullied even more - these people are barking mad!!!

B

BAGGPUSS

I was given a diagnosis by the mental health then they descriminated me for having it:scratcheshead:

Its like putting chains on someones feet and asking them to dance to a tune.:shrug:

R

Rose19602

My experiences at the hands of the system weren't too judgemental.....dismissive and unhelpful yes....but not discriminative.... until I met psychiatry.

Once more serious diagnoses were mooted the proverbial hit the fan. I found discrimination and judgement within the system and people who would no longer listen to what I said.

It's alarming to be treated with respect all of your life and then to have a label mooted or applied and to thence forward be treated as a completely different person - unworthy of consultation or comment in the eyes of the medical profession.

Having avoided diagnosis by opting out I can't comment on how a diagnosis then impacts on every other area of your life.....but I can see very well that it would.

I wish for understanding, compassion, a kindly and willing ear and non judgemental support. To be treated with respect is a fundamental aim for patients according to all of the NHS posters that are plastered around our hospitals. Surely, this should include patients in the MH system? It's degrading, upsetting and unhelpful to be treated differently.

B

BAGGPUSS

I suppose we are lucky to have Mental Healthcare but it definitely needs a shakedown.

Posters are Propaganda not fact.:yuck:

C

Cazzy_1

I make complaints but it just falls on deaf ears. Today I feel like screaming and crying. Had an advocate but he is funded by the health board and I have my concerns.

I'm so distressed and stressed out by it all I just wish they would all rot atm and I know those are strong words but that's just how I feel today.

They are disgraceful people - no scruples. Who are these people? What exactly is their problem but they got problems and too many in my book.

I'm going to have a bath to de-stress and put some music on then I'm going to cuddle my dog for while and watch mindless tv, just to unwind from my advocacy meeting.

R

Rose19602

Just to say Cazzy I know exactly how you feel....I've been through the advocacy thing and felt that frustration and inability to get anyone to listen.

Ultimately, a bath, some music and your dog may well help you more!

It is extremely hard to realise that nothing will get anyone to listen to what you say and to give you credibility isn't it?

I took the route of opting out, getting better using my own resources, rejecting their ill funded and half baked solutions and trying to regain my self respect by talking to someone empathetic.

You may find that the kindest and most understanding people/resources are here online!

I wonder sometimes if anyone else truly understands......

Keep posting..xxxx

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

I honestly don't know if i get disciminated or not. It is difficult to tell IMO. Not as if I get offers of things flooding through my door.

W

wellness

Well There is plenty of discrimination ... ONCE People know of your Mental Illness -- you then get lumped into a Pigeon Hole called a "Mentally Ill Person" ...so be very discerning as to who you disclose it to of your condition... even though they say that you have to be forthcoming about it and all that sort of stuff ...

I will tell ya of my experience with BBC ... when I was not so well I had sent them some garbelled shit through emails ... now if I dare contact BBC even on a legitimate email ... it is getting slotted as coming from some DERANGED Fool and gets routed back to my CPN etc ...

So see Discriminated against forever by the grand BBC !!

Cheerio !!

L

lovagemuffin

people jyst don't get it it you never get a break they think your a lazy work shy free loader if they knew thw torment! they don't know the torment. I wouldn't mind a little piece of normal you know!

W

wellness

Many thanks for the hug ... dunno they seemed to have go the info somehow !!

W

wellness

people jyst don't get it it you never get a break they think your a lazy work shy free loader if they knew thw torment! they don't know the torment. I wouldn't mind a little piece of normal you know!
Ha ! They don't know the torment ... and torment it does !!
The fault is that people don't realise that what Mental Illness is really just like the Kidney affliction ... but an affliction of the Brain !!
Kidney conditions manifest with worst case Kidney transplants ... so maybe the medicos will come up with the worst case scenario of the Brain Transplant for the acute mental illness only if they can come to terms that it is an illness that afflicts the Brain ... and since it is the Brain which is the central controller of Human Behaviour .... hence the manifestation of this Brain Illness is in the form of Behavioral Problems ... Duh Uh ???

Cheerio !!