Discharged from CMHT

Tigergirl

Tigergirl

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Before Christmas last year I received a letter from the CMHT to say that I have been discharged without any warning at all, Is this right? I have BPD, anxiety and depression and a history of self harm and suicide attempts. I feel like they don't care about what happens now. I have no help and support.

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
Did they say you would have. CPN as a form of support. When my pdoc discharged me it was into the care of the CPN . I saw her every month for 12 months. In January I said we didn’t seem to be getting any further and to stop meetings, but she is based at my gps and said I can phone her at any time and she will get back as soon as she can. It seems a bit abrupt with no reason to be discharged. Do you think your stable enough too manage on your own. Can you speak to your gp about this and tell him of your concerns

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
it's all cool until you get that benefit form and can't get a reference from a proffessional who knows you

megirl

megirl

I would have thought that you get to see you pdoc who surely needs to talk to you about discharge, and how you feel about this,also a plan of what to do if things aren't ok re;healthwise. What other supports that are out there,
Community groups with people with mental illness.
I would be very pissed off and bit anxious if that was me

megirl

megirl

Discharge is scary.
I am probably still under their care because we where I live we dont have the number of people that bigger places have in need of health care
Definitely in bigger and busier centers I doubt I would still be under their care.
Though their is always the crisis team,and if things get too much I would be taking myself off top a&e

Tigergirl

Tigergirl

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Did they say you would have. CPN as a form of support. When my pdoc discharged me it was into the care of the CPN . I saw her every month for 12 months. In January I said we didn’t seem to be getting any further and to stop meetings, but she is based at my gps and said I can phone her at any time and she will get back as soon as she can. It seems a bit abrupt with no reason to be discharged. Do you think your stable enough too manage on your own. Can you speak to your gp about this and tell him of your concerns
Just to the care of my GP. I was with the CMHT for over 10 years. I used to have a CPN and a support worker but of them left and I was never given another one.

Tigergirl

Tigergirl

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I would have thought that you get to see you pdoc who surely needs to talk to you about discharge, and how you feel about this,also a plan of what to do if things aren't ok re;healthwise. What other supports that are out there,
That is what I don't get, I had no warning of this. I am freaked out by it.

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
The previous time my CPN discharged me she came to the house and went thru a load of paperwork and a care plan of who I may need to contact.
This last time I don’t think my CPN has discharged me fully because allthough I’m not seeing her she said I can contact her thru my GP at any time

J

Jules5

Wow Our system in the USA is different. If you apply for a mental disorder it takes 2 years to get through the yes or no process. I am currently a year into applying for Social Security Income-I have tried working-wow what a mess. I feel so bad for the people who hired me. I am Psychotic so it is hard to predict my next episode.

I never ever believed that something was wrong with me. To my knowledge I have some serious mental disorders.

What the heck line was I standing in to get all this crap. I fought my GP for years, now after 9 years of torment I actually believe him. I fit perfectly into the psychosis whelm.

What a shocker and what a realization. So I did apply for supplemental help. which forthcoming may take years. I have tried to work and Oh my goodness what a joke it was. I ran as quick as I could.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N Services 5
N Services 2
N Services 3
mami5 Services 5