Discharge

L

Lilac

Is there any discharge plan under section 3 or is it generally a life long detention?

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Is there any discharge plan under section 3 or is it generally a life long detention?
Hi,
Section three is up to six months, I was on a section three and was discharged after 3 months. As soon as your psychiatrist feels you can be discharged you can be.
Take care

N

natalie

Hi,

I was in hospital overall for 2 months, I am unsure how long I was sectioned for, and i then was placed on voluntary sometime before I was discharged, with a view that I had always been making good steady progress.

This was back in 2004.

L

Lilac

I have been sectioned for nearly two years. My family hate me and never want me to see freedom. I have an awful life. Even the mhs say no one cares about me.

It is such an unusual life never to have a boyfriend or a friend no one ever misses me. No love at all. My parents just shout at me and as we've said they will never change and nor will their unfeeling friends who are horrid to me as is my family.

Last edited:
F

fidget

Sorry to hear how terrible things are for you Lilac. I think section 3's can be renewed and renewed as often as the doctors like. Have they told you what they would need to see from you to be able to discharge you? I think often the quickest way to get discharged is to say you think you are very ill and you like the services that the NHS provides.

It might be worth asking your care coordinator or psychiatrist if you can be referred to some peer support group activities. It might help meeting other people in similar circumstances

Sorry your family are so horrible to you, it must be really tough

L

Lilac

Thanks fidget.

A doctor said they never release well people which is odd and corrupt. That doctor also said the truth wouldn't help her.

Sectioning is so degrading but the funny thing is that my parents and my boss' want it to happen to them and everyone else.

Last edited:
L

Lilac

Also if mental health services don't release well people then it means everyone I know must be sectioned or have said they are mentally ill to get released.

Also my parents can't have a bolt on their front door because mum and dad have this tendancy to not allow people out.