Discharge (finally!)

V

Viktoria

So I've spoken to my therapist and after nearly a year in hospital, I will be discharged Tuesday! On a CTO, which will be renewed in February stating I have to attend appointments, take a depot every fortnight and take anti depressants.

So I will definitely be celebrating Christmas and new year at home!

I'm home for the weekend too. And because my other therapist is leaving we went to the beach and walked and had a coffee to say goodbye which was nice.

On a more sad note another girl on the ward who had been in coma for two months has passed away.

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

Forum Guide
im really pleased for you viktoria xxx thats great news you will be spending christmas at home xx

sorry for the loss of the girl on the ward though xxxxxxxxxx

Unique1

Unique1

Viktoria I'm truly pleased to hear this.
I've always read your posts and therefore realise just where you have been and how far you have come.
I really am pleased for,you and your family and really wit you well
Be nice to hear how it goes when you get the opportunity,
Enjoy the precious memories ..

Such sad news and a different story about the sad loss of the young girl. Really sad.

Best wishes to you.
Unique xx

V

Viktoria

Thank you both.
I am very happy and my parents are too. It was a condition that my father would agree with the CTO and the discharge. So I'm glad he's okay with it all.

If things REALLY mess up AGAIN I will be sent from the crisis ward back to this treatment hospital and to another hospital following that where you stay five years and every bedroom is locked.
Well what more motivation than hearing that those are the consequences do you want?
Of course it's allowed to go a bit pear shaped and to occasionally need a few nights in hospital but if it becomes a complete mess then that will happen. So I will do everything to avoid that! I've got a crisis plan stating what to do if things don't go very well. And I can request for a few nights in hospital if feeling really suicidal and then will be in control about discharge more. If I attempt something and have to be admitted they won't after a few days believe I'm better but if before I do something I say I need help then I can request to be discharged and more likely to be taken seriously and believed.

It's all done very carefully, the process of discharge, and therefore has more chance of succeeding than in the past.

I'm one happy girl right now.

Poppy12

Poppy12

Really good news your going home Viktoria - and just in time for Christmas - fantastic! Sorry to hear about the other patient though - that is very sad news. Sending hugs :hug5:

Unique1

Unique1

:) can understand your happiness Viktoria ..
I can hear your determination for it to work out, and I'm sure it will.
Best Christmas present for you I guess :)
X

Nikita

Nikita

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Very well done Vicktoria,Have a Very Happy Christmas at home won't you and all the best for the new year,I hope it will be a very happy one!Love and hugs.Nikitax

V

Viktoria

Thank you all. I will surely have a good time.
Sometimes when on leave I sat on the bus and I looked at others and felt jealous as they were "free" people. Of course I don't know the things they have to deal with in their lives but I just wanted to be normal and independent. Leave the house at any time without having to ask someone to open the door, or worse, not be allowed out, I just wanted to go out for drinks and not have to be home by 10pm, lay on the sofa with my feet up, etc. etc.
But as of Tuesday I can do all those things and I won't have to ask permission to leave the house or be back in time as else I'd not be allowed out for 24 hours.

You take for granted the simple things in life. Going for a walk. When you've been locked inside for five months without being allowed to set foot outside the hospital. Only outside was the garden with the high fences around it that were impossible to climb over. Unless you were a monkey maybe there was a 90 degree turn at the top. I got stuck on it once and had to call for help. The nurse was RAGING. lol there was me hanging two meters above the ground unable to go up or down.

Well I'm going on a bit but I am just happy to be part of the world again. I will have hard days and fall back a bit every now and then but I will try my hardest to make things work. To stay safe. To be home.

I will try and make something of my life.

Unique1

Unique1

It's so lovely when we realise, it's the simple things that mean so much :)
I'm glad I realised that too...
Take care
:) happy for you xx

Sometimes when on leave I sat on the bus and I looked at others and felt jealous as they were "free" people. Of course I don't know the things they have to deal with in their lives but I just wanted to be normal and independent. Leave the house at any time without having to ask someone to open the door, or worse, not be allowed out, I just wanted to go out for drinks and not have to be home by 10pm, lay on the sofa with my feet up, etc. etc.
But as of Tuesday I can do all those things and I won't have to ask permission to leave the house or be back in time as else I'd not be allowed out for 24 hours.

You take for granted the simple things in life. Going for a walk. When you've been locked inside for five months without being allowed to set foot outside the hospital. Only outside was the garden with the high fences around it that were impossible to climb over. Unless you were a monkey maybe there was a 90 degree turn at the top. I got stuck on it once and had to call for help. The nurse was RAGING. lol there was me hanging two meters above the ground unable to go up or down.

Well I'm going on a bit but I am just happy to be part of the world again. I will have hard days and fall back a bit every now and then but I will try my hardest to make things work. To stay safe. To be home.

Gajolene

Gajolene

So so happy for you Victoria, I knew you could do it. Have a very Happy Christmas with your family and keep us posted on how things go for you. Huge huge massive hugs.

Purr38

Purr38

I'm happy that you are happy. I can see why you want to leave and have freedom.

Can i ask what you think has changed in you since being admitted to now?
Why are you well now and wasn't then?
You were throwing chairs weren't you? Why did you do that then and not now? Was it a break down?

Purr

V

Viktoria

Hey Purr sorry for the late reply.
What has changed? Well I find it difficult to say this but I was off my medication and that was not a success. I was paranoid, delusional, had beliefs that people around me found weird to say the least. I felt scared and impotent. That's why I threw stuff. Also out of anger towards the voices.
That's not the case anymore and that's the first difference why I believe I am now well, or better.

Also a suicide attempt resulting in an admission on the intesive care unit followed by eleven (!) months of being sectioned has really been an eye-opener. My therapist has said if things go a little wrong, it won't have consequences. But if things repeatedly get ridiculously out of hand she will have me re-admitted and sign me up for a hospital where you stay five years, have a room that is locked and no stuff in it other than a bed.
That alone is enough reason to ask for help BEFORE doing something dangerous.

Also I am on a CTO and have to attend therapy, my psychiatrist, have a fortnightly depot and take anti-depressants. If I don't, the police will be at my door to collect me.

That's a short version of the difference between then and now. I have been ill since I was nine and I want to lead a normal, healthy life. It may be difficult at times, but I want to give it my best shot. And that determination, I hope, will take me a long way.

Jaminacaranda

Jaminacaranda

Inspiring post. Thank you, Viktoria, and the very best of luck to you in your future life :) x

Kerome

Kerome

But if things repeatedly get ridiculously out of hand she will have me re-admitted and sign me up for a hospital where you stay five years, have a room that is locked and no stuff in it other than a bed.
That alone is enough reason to ask for help BEFORE doing something dangerous.
That's a prett big incentive. Really glad to hear you are doing well :)

Hurrah :cheer: