• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

disassoiation DID

justme

justme

Founding Member
I don't like labels but have had been labled scizoprenic and D I D
True I am a voice hearer I see / hear things others don't I get anxious paranoid and s/h

But my question here is doe's anyone have DID as I lose so much time and wake up in not nice situations ( I won't share as very triggering)

I journal ,set my mobile to beep to wake me up , But i never know or remember how I start in my dissocive state
The longest my gap has been was 3 days where it is believed I had been knocked over by a car as I was so bruised and had a cracked bone in my knee

I really need to know where i disappear too and what i do (ofcourse my voices tell me much horric things) that could?? of happend to me

In the UK there is not enough infomation on this condition I think it scares my psychiatrist as every time i mention it he puts it down to been psychotic during that time

ok this post possibly makes no sense thats why i rarely post here
thanks to all who read it

justme

justme

Founding Member
Can admin please delete this post as its obviously rubbish 12 views no replies

This why I never post

ms_P

ms_P

Founding Member
We're only human, justme. We need time to formulate our thoughts too.

I've got the dx DD/NOS (among other things). To this day, I can't account for some of the 'missing time' I've experienced. It's very scary, I know.

Re-integrating yourself is a long hard road, but not an impossible one.

I'm going to look up some things and get back to you.

Take care. :flowers:

ms_P

ms_P

Founding Member
The general idea behind treatment for dissociative disorders is that psychotherapy is the best way to go. Medication may help with depression, anxiety, and sleep problems.

I found a couple of links for more info. It's as good a place as any to start with. I hope this helps.

http://www.realmentalhealth.com/dissociative_disorders/toc.asp
http://organizedwisdom.com/Dissociative_Identity_Disorder_Treatment

ps...it's almost impossible to find links who don't advertise something, so just ignore that part. The info is very good.

keepsafe

keepsafe

I suffer with dissocative flashbacks I dont always know the triggers - but I have been asked to try different things to stop the dissocation but to me I don;t know how I could cos I am not here when they happen - if that makes sense????

I don;t know how to stop dissocation, perhaps its to work through the traumas in psychological therapies - who knows?

Just to let you know there are others here - sorry this is the first time I saw this post so couldn;t have replied earlier. I will also look at Ms_P's links
Thanks MsP