Disappointed with what's in the mirror

S

stephanie

Sometimes I picture myself doing certain actions and I feel like I look like a normal person, but then I see the person who I really am in the mirror and I get really upset? I've had body image issues for the past four years now and I was wondering if anyone else feels this way?

I'm really bad at putting my thoughts into words, so I'm sorry about that.

T

Topcat

For a long time. If I ever caught view of myself in a mirror when I was talking, I would be mortified at how I look to everyone else. Those changing rooms with mirrors all around so you can see yourself from all angles just made me stop shopping and go home feeling depressed.
I have rationalised this to myself for years. In that the way I see another person is just the way I see that person, the way they move, talk, faces they may pull, it's all just then and I don't think anything of it so (theoretically) surely other people just see all of me in the same way. The insecurities and beliefs are mine and are not necessarily shared by anyone else.
I still struggle with all this though, and it's difficult. Some times are worse than others. Sometimes I feel too hideous to be seen in public, but I just have to ignore myself and get on with things.
Xx

D

Dottyone

I do this too, but I have OCD, but that does not mean you two might have

I think excessively about what I look like and and sometimes I use to brush my hair for 1 hour 30 minutes in the mirror without stopping.

These excessive thoughts are carried to other people too, how they look, move, facial mannerisms and every word they say, i put people under a forensic microscope like some mad phychologist.

In a post last night I stated fk the judging people outside, thats because I use to go out and be someone who judges and I detest this part of my illness.

Now I dont mix with people outside its just too hard with my excessive thoughts.

BDD (body dismorphia disorder) and OCD often come together,

I hope you both find a way through this! X

I bet your Both stunners :)

Last edited:
Toasted Crumpet

Toasted Crumpet

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I can forget what I look like but when I catch a glance in the mirror it is a painful reminder.

I guess I would not be so bothered if I had loads of people who thought I was a great person etc but as it is it is just another reason why I am inferior to the world.

I am sorry you feel similar, it is not very pleasant.