• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Disabled Facilities Grant

I

ismmoh

I have suffered social anxiety since 14 years of age it has since progressed to a Phobia, and i have OCD which has led me to other problems in life like sex addiction and internet addiction and over eating, i have just quit marijuanna after 10 years habit. Would they give me a grant to help convert my garage so i dont have to spend too much time in isolation in my bedroom which can lead to sex addiction and make my social phobia worse. Also as i am the only boy in the house i have like 6 sisters i always stay in my room which has led to these addictive behaviours. Am i eligibale to get a grant to extend my garage so i can stay downstairs within the vicinity of my family memebers without being to isolated????

H

Helena1

Staff Member on Leave
i think you may as well apply, all they can say is no.
i am not sure by what you say how converting the garage will make you any less isolated compared to being in your bedroom, will your family member be in there too or just you and maybe you feel closer to them as on same floor? i am just thinking of stuff they could ask so you are ready.

I

ismmoh

yes i will feel closer to them as i will be onb the same floor as i have addictive personality i will be more better off as i have recently quit cannabis, fags and now alchol.

I

ismmoh

i have already applied they refusedme but i didnt tell them about my sex addiction problem on social anxiety but they refused, Do yu think the outcome would be dificult if i told them about the sex addiction as well its just a bit embarassing.