• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Disabled Facilities Grant (

I

ismmoh

u have been suffereing from social anxiety for like now over 15 years, i want them to onvert my garage to prevent me from isolating myself from the resty of the family i.e. in my own room upstairs, where i get cross addiction problems like smoking etc, drinking, can they give me a place downstairs in as conerted garage in the vicinity of my family so i know someone will be there to offer help even if not directly in the same room, can doctor grant this?

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

I am not sure. You would think it would be available but I suspect it will be tough in the current climate.

Perhaps a financial loans company providing for the disabled - but I am feeling cynical about it.

A low rate personal loan would probably be your best bet. (at the moment)

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
i had to stand up for a quite long train journey there was a sign on one seat saying please give up this seat for someone less able to stand, i consider myself less able to stand on the train as i can't relax my muscles and get really tense on a crowded train while if i sit i can close my eyes and relax even then it isn't easy

then theres having to sit crowded into the back of the bus because the first rows of seats are marked for disabled people and if i sit in them i spend the entire journey been glared at by the other passengers

D

Dottyone

u have been suffereing from social anxiety for like now over 15 years, i want them to onvert my garage to prevent me from isolating myself from the resty of the family i.e. in my own room upstairs, where i get cross addiction problems like smoking etc, drinking, can they give me a place downstairs in as conerted garage in the vicinity of my family so i know someone will be there to offer help even if not directly in the same room, can doctor grant this?
I understand Social Isolation all too well, but I think anyone would have a tough time getting a house conversion paid for because of it.

I think you would have more luck by putting a pound a week on the lottery. ;)

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
I understand Social Isolation all too well, but I think anyone would have a tough time getting a house conversion paid for because of it.

I think you would have more luck by putting a pound a week on the lottery. ;)
people have a hard time getting benefits for it