Disabled charities attack fit-to-work tests after 1m people denied benefit

milkshake

milkshake

Yes to all the above and for those i don't, obtaining them wont be difficult, my own GP when i see him (big practice) is very supportive, he was and is very angry that i was put through hell and that they pretty much called him, me and my psychologist liars, he tries to fix people, help people then the system fucks us over again, it a vicious circle and i want to get off the roundabout, i don't want to play anymore! this is what the system wants, to drive us into oblivion, i don't want the bastards to grind me down i try to be brave, but its so hard

Wiseowl

Wiseowl

Having read what you've posted it seems like work is just pushing everything to the limit and that isn't a safe place to be. I think that needs to emphasised in any evidence submitted to ATOS.

I completely understand not wanting to enter that process again it is dehumanising but I'm just wondering how long you can keep going without something changing. :hug1:

It is difficult always having to fight and unless you've been in a similar situation it is difficult to understand how horrible it feels.

What sector do you work in? Do you work full time? :hug1:

Lillyone

Lillyone

I am ashamed to say i couldn't cope with fighting the system anymore, and gave up after a failed tribunial, although i was told to start a new claim by lawyer, as since my ATOS (bastards) assessment i had had a diagnosis and was undergoing treatment, but it took nearly two years to get to court and they could only go on what was said and asked at that bloody assessment, i was really ill with the stress, in a constant fibro flair and i couldn't cope with it.. stupidly thinking that work was the least of two evils... however, i am in tears right now, and so much pain and i have to go to work in two hours, every bit of me hurts and i want to die, i can't do this! i just want the pain to stop... i get no support at work just bullied as i have health issues, my manager is a prick, told me i was no use to him as i had cognitive problems, he breached the equality act 2010 by the things he said he's a taster "if you can't learn straight away your are no use to me, i don't have time to pander to you" i called ACAS and then went armed to human resources but its changed nothing, i am being ignored and left to struggle, the stress is horrendous, all i do is work then sleep no energy left to even hug my children NONE! My children are missirable too, at least when i was ill at home i could paint a face on for them coming in, sleep during the day when my body was attacking me and pretend to be okay for them in the evening, but i can't hide it now, i can't pretend anymore not even for the odd hour i see my kids, i have had accidents in work that sent me to A&E i miss at least a day a week with the migraines its killing me, i am so scared of where this will lead:panic:
OH I do understand, and I know exactly what you mean.
I was not in work I went to claiming JSA after my ex left me, then onto ESA.
Compared to some people's stories, I have been relatively lucky so far (the worst was being refused DLA) and being treated like an idiot by the tribunal panel - that sent me spiraling downwards.

I am so sorry you are being put through this, like Wiseowl, I wonder how long you can keep it up.
The further down you slip the harder it is to rise up again.
You have to make the choice between the lesser of two evils (or it seems like that to me) but you must put you first.

Remember the degradation that ATOS put us through lasts but a short time, medical then back home again. Pain is often irreversible, and causes much longer damage.

Hope you manage to get something sorted very soon.

xxxx