disabled bus pass?

schizolanza

schizolanza

I get DLA and I had my drivers license revoked yeago because of having schizophrenis symptoms.Do I qualify for a disabled bus pass? Is a disabled bus pass equal to free bus ticket or is it a reduced fare?

threebinds

threebinds

It's free travel after 9:30am, I got one.... on the grounds my condition was complex, enduring and severe, that's what the consultant wrote.
mine expires in 2018 so they last 5 years, they they are metro cards a bit like a driving licence card.

Wiseowl

Wiseowl

The length of time you get your bus pass for does vary by council, so does the criteria for getting one. For example mine lasts one year, so I have to reapply more frequently. Most councils will give you one if you have had your license revoked by the DVLA on medical grounds. I would think you would qualify. :)

It is so wonderful because without it I couldn't afford to use the bus and wouldn't be able to go anywhere.

If you go on your councils website and look under transport you should be able to find the form to fill out or you can ring your council.

Where I live on the outskirts of a major city I can use my bus pass locally from 9am.

You also get unlimited use on weekends, there are no time restrictions.

burt tomato

burt tomato

Thanks - useful info.

My driving license was also revoked, but I am hoping to get it back.

I may apply for a bus pass anyway.

coldwater00

coldwater00

Had my license revoked as well - 2 years ago now. Don't even know if I'd be allowed to try again. But I got given a free bus pass pretty soon after that so I'm alright for now.

Per Ardua Ad Astra

Per Ardua Ad Astra

My bus pass has just been renewed, for two years this time, like the one before that. They used to be valid for five years, but with all the cutbacks and uncertainty over budgets, local authorities are awarding them for shorter periods than before.