Disabled bus pass and train pass

D

Default12259

I already have a disabled persons bus pass as I am considered a risk driving due to meds which I am very thankful for, because money is very tight now.

However, I have just found out that a support group that could help me is another town and the only way to make the journey is by train. My local authority will not help with a bus and a disabled persons railcard.

Does anyone know if that's it if they won't help, or is it possible to apply directly to the train company or anywhere else for a grant for fares??

exyz

exyz

Hi there:)
You can apply direct. Here is the website and you can download the form and send it with "evidence" of your disability.
Disabled Persons Railcard

You get a third off the fare but can be accompanied by someone who is also entitled to a third discount .

I think that you have to pay an amount up front to buy the card but if you use it a lot then you still save quite a bit in the longer term.:)

D

Default12259

Hi there:)
You can apply direct. Here is the website and you can download the form and send it with "evidence" of your disability.
Disabled Persons Railcard

You get a third off the fare but can be accompanied by someone who is also entitled to a third discount .

I think that you have to pay an amount up front to buy the card but if you use it a lot then you still save quite a bit in the longer term.:)
Thanks exfbu - that's helpful. I had seen it advertised but wasn't sure if they were linked to the Council, but I shall apply direct - appreciate you posting the link :)