Disability benefits: PIPs should be for 'really disabled

D

dlzoidberg

Bias against mental health again I think
When has it been any different with this 'say one thing, do another' government?

They think all mental health problems as nothing more than a minor obstacle to the sufferer.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
sometimes feels like i'm taking pills for anxiety, very disturbing

F

Funnyday

All this uncertainty is making me feel physically ill. I feel like I want to throw up. I can feel it building up inside me. I'm not even diagnosed with anxiety. Their bastards. They make these announcements and then there is months of waiting to find out if it affects you. Why can't they just get on and do away with us all. Its what the fuckers want. I find my self getting upset and worrying over these things for no good reason. They want to stress us out.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
its about the mobility component which they say shouldn't be applied to mental illlness, they stopped my mobility dla when the transfer to pip happened, though i got enhanced support, not much fimancial change and as i heard it was the policy to stop mobility didn't argue, now even if the regulations change, you only have a month to appeal and i'm over that

as far as not needing the mobility they should try catching a crowded intercity when they have extreme social anxiety and paranoia, given the choice i'd rather a taxi though it costs a fortune, i usually book a 1st class ticket a month in advance for cheapness, as slightly less crowded

F

Funnyday

Yeah I get enhanced rate too. They stopped my mobility. However, someone I use to know was awarded mobility in the change to pip from dla. I'm going to appeal for it next time if its not awarded to me.

D

dlzoidberg

Tired Daisy

Tired Daisy

I try to stay away from posts regarding PIP as its pretty darn scary for me to think about, I always dread getting that letter to say that my D.L.A has come to an end and that I have to apply for PIP, thats the day when the sky comes down on me but until then I'll just procrastinate.

Last edited:
D

dlzoidberg

I always dread getting that letter to say that my D.L.A has come to an end and that I have to apply for PIP
I'm also dreading that day.

3 guesses where pretty much all the £3.5bn will come from.
If what was said in The Independent was true, then many Tory MP's themselves simply wont allow any more cuts to disability.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
labour petition is that the same labour who introduced the benefit reforms and whose dwp minister pournelle said he was going to stigmatise those on benefits

funnily enough i am tempted to suppport them, but i wonder if they got in would things be diffferent