• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Disability benefits: PIPs assessment firms 'to get extra £200m'

cpuusage

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Intentional Idealogical Cruelty that imo borders on unadulterated Evil -

Disability benefits: PIPs assessment firms 'to get extra £200m' -

Disability benefits: PIPs assessment firms 'to get extra PS200m' - BBC News

Proved: It costs more to hire private firms to run hated disability benefit tests than they save -

Proved: It costs more to hire private firms to run hated disability benefit tests than they save | Vox Political

Funeral poverty: The crisis for Britain’s poorest that begins the day your loved one dies

Mass graves, debt cycles and how ‘Big Death’ undertakers make money from the grief of British families -

Funeral poverty: The crisis for Britain’s poorest that begins the day your loved one dies | The Independent

The cause of death that dare not speak its name: austerity -

The cause of death that dare not speak its name: austerity | Gary Younge | Opinion | The Guardian

Cut benefits? Yes, let’s start with our £85bn corporate welfare handout -

Cut benefits? Yes, let’s start with our PS85bn corporate welfare handout | Aditya Chakrabortty | Opinion | The Guardian

Last edited:
Per Ardua Ad Astra

Per Ardua Ad Astra

I'm sure it's a judicious use of resources, and quite in line with the prudent 'good housekeeping' we've come to expect from very, very responsible governments over the years.

The beyond-reproach companies who administer these eminently fair and medically-sound assessments, deserve the money they get. There is really no such thing as a free lunch. That's left-wing propaganda gone mad. That bloke in North Korea is probably responsible for way-out views like that. Or it could be a remnant from the cold, bleak days of the Soviets. There are still 'reds under the bed'. These people don't give up easily yano.

In any case, what do people expect? It's shocking to imagine further raids on the taxpayer should fund disability benefits to any degree. I mean, surely it's blindingly and bleeding obvious. Why throw money down the drain on nonsense, when it could be much more productively spent on civilizing, just and life-enhancing projects, like the Trident nuclear missile 'defence' system.

It really is a no brainer :meanie:

Last edited:
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
ScaredCat Disability benefits: PIPs should be for 'really disabled Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 91
N I told my named nurse that I'm worried about losing my disability benefits if I'm seen as well. Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 3
AliceinWonderland To Those Who Think it 'Must be nice to be on Benefits/Disability' - stigma and prejudice Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 13
J I have bipolar disorder and have been denied from disability benefits, what should I do ? Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 2
cpuusage DWP 'tells disability benefits assessors to discriminate against people with mental health conditions' Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 6
cpuusage Damian Green faces fresh accusations of misleading MPs over disability benefits Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 1
cpuusage Working welfare: a radically new approach to sickness and disability benefits Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 12
Peaceful Not understanding disability benefits Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 1
F Finally – legal proof that disability benefits test is unfair for people with mental illness Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 1
C Nutrisystem dieting and Disability Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 8
D Work and disability Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 8
N Anyone in the US with disability advice? Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 8
N Learning disability team colliding with themselves. Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 2
W How long does an sever disability premium application take Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 2
Poopy Doll Social Security Disability Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 2
F Learning disability/learning difficulty Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 4
M Severe Disability Premium backdated Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 1
H I claim a severe disability premium, could I get a 2 bed flat for my carer to stay over? Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 1
J Working Part-time on Disability (USA - SSDI): Some Questions Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 1
cpuusage Social Security Disability Resource Center (American) Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 1
cpuusage It's funny that there are so many successful appeals against disability assessments Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 2
D Am I entitled to Severe Disability Premium? Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 5
B Admitting to disability Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 20
cpuusage Disability assessments profoundly increase peoples vulnerability Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 1
H severe disability premium help . Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 1
L UK government in trouble with UN over disability rights Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 7
cpuusage Disability benefit cuts 'changing things for the better' DWP’s Stephen Crabb says Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 19
cpuusage Disability benefit is broken. Now even Iain Duncan Smith’s advisers say it Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 10
J Been sent a letter about ''severe disability premium'. What is it?! Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 10
E Why does DLA/PIP have to be the only proof of disability?! - Rant!! Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 1
Lincoln1990 US Social Security Disability and getting off o it Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 2
S I'm on Disability and don't think I'm capable of working Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 6
F Iain Duncan Smith, the Bedroom Tax, and Disability Living Allowance Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 2
S Severe disability premium Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 1
A Severe disability premium Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 3
G Severe Disability Premium..slightly confused Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 4
A The UK government has been taking 'advice' from a discredited US insurance company known for 'disability denial' Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 1
J Can I swop my e.s.a benefit to disability benefit Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 10
A disability and discrimination acts and housin Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 5
M Disability Living Allowence Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 2
I Are Severe Disability Premium Claims Ever Turned Down? Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 13
Blindside Should i apply for Severe Disability Premium Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 24
F Atos assessors told to keep disability benefit approvals low,film suggests Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 9
D Mortgage on benefits ?? Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 4
R broadband for people on benefits Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 17
D Anxiety About Benefits Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 1
R benefits and peoples opinion Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 6
D Benefits fraud Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 7
daffy Guide to pip benefits and claiming Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 1
Anime-Alchemy Benefits money and use Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 4