• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Direct Payments - Benefit Bob - The Welfare Weasel

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
Read up on direct payments been to interview been assesses, ikt's been blocked by my so called care manager who says he thought it came from a different budget and don't i realise brent is short of money, his boss is supporting that decision

Yesterday went to the dentist, my support worker says accompanying people to dentists is a care workers job and i should get a care worker, i said the psychiatrist didn't refer me to a care worker she refered me to you, she's been saying her job is to get me independent, heard at the disability centre that the disablerd movement started questioning independent living in 1986

The disabled movements version is support to enable independence, i know it may be a bit contradictory

Another recession again prfessionals are saying it's not my job, noticed when i saw the psychiatrist business was booming at the bin

P

putki

hey cool site :D keep up the good work

P

putki

oh yah there was some funny jokes there

Attachments

B

bobhoulston

Another recession again
Hi, You got me thinking about the recession so I have come up with this:

The recent downturn of the economy and the imminent introduction of ESA - Employment Support Allowance is likely to affect many mental health services users who are on welfare benefits. The Credit Crunch Bites. During these times of economic crisis and probable redundancies it is difficult to see how the Government will achieve it's target of getting one million people off sickness related welfare e.g. Incapacity Benefit and on to ESA - Employment Support Allowance and eventually gainful employment in the job market. Now more than ever it is imperative that mental health services users ensure that they are receiving all their rightful benefits and concessions to which they are entitled. A good place to start is my website: Mental Health Survival Guide - "Helping to break the link between disability and poverty." at:
www.houlston.freeserve.co.uk/mental.htm
Best wishes & stay well from Benefit Bob - The Welfare Weasel.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
embleton PCC v Personal Care Budget - Direct Payments Employers Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 1
N Entitlement to Direct payments? Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 3
porkpie Had to get direct payments with a Severe MH issue Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 4
F direct payments and DLA Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 1
F Direct payments give you control Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 4
N Fuel Payments - maybe an idea, jokingly for Government to consider?! Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 3
PinkCandyFloss UK: Changes to minimum payments on credit cards etc Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 7
J Cold Weather Payments Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 0
S ESA payments during mandatory reconsideration? Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 2
F ESA benefit payments: Re-tests axed for chronically ill claimants Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 9
Wiseowl Christmas Benefit Payments Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 1
F Personal Independence Payments: a failing system is trapping disabled people without benefits Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 1
greebobeebo Cold weather payments Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 11
M has anyone had any cold weather payments (UK) for this year? Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 3
P Council housing & housing benefit Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 13
E Housing Benefit query Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 5
Screechout Housing benefit question Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 1
J benefit advice Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 3
Funnyday DWP wins legal case to block future benefit appeals Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 4
Tawny Housing benefit with PIP only? Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 18
K Housing benefit non dependant Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 2
Pinkcandy777 Eesa old style benefit Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 2
C Need advice on housing benefit Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 5
N Former Name Benefit Incapcity - for a particular week, not in my bank account!! Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 11
N Benefit assessors? Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 2
M Housing benefit help Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 5
S Can I still recieve ESA benefit while studying? Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 3
N It's not in my benefit to be mentally well. Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 2
Artmuzz DLA benefit ending Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 3
Kerome Government scraps housing benefit for young people Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 2
T Benefit help please Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 2
R more benefit woes Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 2
cpuusage Disabled set up to fail benefit assessments, says former DWP officer Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 3
cpuusage Benefit Cap What planet do deluded MPs live on? Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 5
D Housing benefit Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 3
S Scottish Government uses devolved powers to block benefit sanctions Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 2
N Maximum Housing Benefit? Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 2
R my benefit thread Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 11
N Accused of Benefit Fraud , ex-partner and kids Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 1
cpuusage Suicides of benefit claimants reveal DWP flaws, says inquiry Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 1
cpuusage 2,600 benefit claimants die within weeks of being ruled fit for work Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 9
cpuusage Disability benefit cuts 'changing things for the better' DWP’s Stephen Crabb says Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 19
D Information watchdog to probe DWPs secret reviews on benefit deaths Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 2
Nikita Sign here the petition against the changes and cuts to PIP benefit. Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 4
cpuusage Disability benefit is broken. Now even Iain Duncan Smith’s advisers say it Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 10
cpuusage The government’s benefit reforms are a ‘car crash’ Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 13
E PIP benefit. Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 13
cpuusage Release the Death Statistics on Benefit Cuts Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 5
fazza New benefit cap down to £20000 outside london but ESA support group and dla/pip not affected Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 1
Artmuzz ESA support group - Housing Benefit and Council tax Benefit Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 3