• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Direct Payments - Benefit Bob - The Welfare Weasel

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
Read up on direct payments been to interview been assesses, ikt's been blocked by my so called care manager who says he thought it came from a different budget and don't i realise brent is short of money, his boss is supporting that decision

Yesterday went to the dentist, my support worker says accompanying people to dentists is a care workers job and i should get a care worker, i said the psychiatrist didn't refer me to a care worker she refered me to you, she's been saying her job is to get me independent, heard at the disability centre that the disablerd movement started questioning independent living in 1986

The disabled movements version is support to enable independence, i know it may be a bit contradictory

Another recession again prfessionals are saying it's not my job, noticed when i saw the psychiatrist business was booming at the bin

P

putki

hey cool site :D keep up the good work

P

putki

oh yah there was some funny jokes there

Attachments

B

bobhoulston

Another recession again
Hi, You got me thinking about the recession so I have come up with this:

The recent downturn of the economy and the imminent introduction of ESA - Employment Support Allowance is likely to affect many mental health services users who are on welfare benefits. The Credit Crunch Bites. During these times of economic crisis and probable redundancies it is difficult to see how the Government will achieve it's target of getting one million people off sickness related welfare e.g. Incapacity Benefit and on to ESA - Employment Support Allowance and eventually gainful employment in the job market. Now more than ever it is imperative that mental health services users ensure that they are receiving all their rightful benefits and concessions to which they are entitled. A good place to start is my website: Mental Health Survival Guide - "Helping to break the link between disability and poverty." at:
www.houlston.freeserve.co.uk/mental.htm
Best wishes & stay well from Benefit Bob - The Welfare Weasel.