Dilemmas

R

R2Y5A0N2

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I struggle with a mix of low self-esteem and poor body confidence as well as severe depression and anxiety.

I have looked into various social events and groups to try and meet new people and make new friends but the vast majority of them are drinking alcohol, ect which isn't what I'm into.

I'm not into drugs, smoking or alcohol and I know you sometimes have to go outside your comfort zone to meet new people, but I feel like I would be being fake and changing myself to fit into the crowd.

All I want is to find people who would much prefer a cosy night in watching trashy TV or films, having a takeaway or homemade meal, and lounging around on the sofa or in bed, ect.

I'm not into the whole gay scene, yes I'm bisexual but mainly attracted to men but that's where everyone seems to be - clubs, bars, pubs and taking drugs or getting pissed out of their brain which I'm not at all interested in.

I'd like to meet some level-headed, genuine, laid-back people who share similar interests as me such as films, TV, cooking, ect.

Everyone says "Love isn't going to come knocking on your door" and "you got get out there and meet people" but how, where?

I've tried online dating, hookup apps, act. I feel so lost and confused and don't know how to push forward with pursuing mates & dates.

I am prepared to go to social events that are based in clubs/bars/pubs even if it isn't my thing but hopefully I might some people there who are a similar boat to me and are only there to meet other people?

I would love to find a partner who only drinks alcohol very rarely and doesn't take drugs or smoke but I know that is limiting my options which I can't afford to do as beggars can't be choosers and all that.

Any advice for be greatly appreciated.

Sorry state

Sorry state

Hi R2,
Except for the fact I'm straight, your post could have been about me so I understand your frustration.
People tell me to join a club (local five-a-side, historical society etc) but that's really not what I'm into. Partly because low self esteem has always stopped me joining in my whole life. Is there an activity or hobby you enjoy that you could share or join a group - book club, gardening, fishing...? Not sure if that's your thing.

R

R2Y5A0N2

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Hi R2,
Except for the fact I'm straight, your post could have been about me so I understand your frustration.
People tell me to join a club (local five-a-side, historical society etc) but that's really not what I'm into. Partly because low self esteem has always stopped me joining in my whole life. Is there an activity or hobby you enjoy that you could share or join a group - book club, gardening, fishing...? Not sure if that's your thing.
None of those are my thing unfortunately. There's a bowling group every now and then and also a ping pong and other games social event every so often so I'm gonna give those a try. I've also found a karaoke event which happens every now and then as well so I'm gonna go along to that as well. :)