• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Difficulty trusting my own judgement.

A

Amor's_Tears

Do any of you feel that your viewpoints or decisions are worthless? Or that your wishes are irrelevant?

Well, I think thats been the way I've been feeling for the past few months. I feel that nobody takes me seriously or respects my decisions over my own life. I suppose I don't really trust myself anymore.

For instance, in my view my housemate has her TV on too loud. Its never on at unsociable hours, but nevertheless when it is on, it is loud - I can hear it very clearly through my walls and it disrupts my enjoyment of my own flat. Should I complain to staff? Should I approach her myself (she never listens though), or I am just being unreasonable?

Six months ago I would be able to judge the situation but I feel I can't anymore. If it does turn out that I am not being unreasonable, I don't think I have the strength to push forward my complaint.

Thanks for listening.

Robert.

J

jamesdean

Hi Robert,
Your post has really hit the nail on the head with me today.
You wouldnt believe the kinda day I've had trying to get some pain killers I went to the out of hours and a voice at gate said go home n the doctor will call you, the doctor called 3 hours later n said you have to come to the out of hours centre. So I said to the lady "which bright spark told me to go home " You can image how angry and frustrated I was like always with this nhs these days they say you can make a complaint but really no body really listens, The nhs is such a mess, even the consultants words the other week were this is the nhs like there is no fight left in him to defend n make it better the attitude is I get my money.The mh service I had a far greater respect for but honestly no one really cares whot you have got to say they have all this schemes to try n make your feel that your voice is being heard but they dont really give a stuff.
This world is upside down its a crazy world that we live in and nobodys got time for anybody or thing
take care Jd

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
R depression from sleep disorders/difficulty Depression Forum 4
J The difficulty of the last few years Depression Forum 4
D SO has difficulty breaking away from a down Depression Forum 1
N Difficulty making decisions Depression Forum 3
R Difficulty in dealing with rejection, having a really bad night. Depression Forum 3
Z (This is long) Trusting the wrong person made my depression worse Depression Forum 7
J Not trusting doctor Depression Forum 9
L Feel like it’s my own fault Depression Forum 9
K Doubting my own illness Depression Forum 5
P I don't like my own birthday. What about you? Depression Forum 27
M Topic for people with no meds and no therapy (by own desition) Depression Forum 2
wollie I need my own place Depression Forum 6
R Causing my own depression Depression Forum 5
N I don't know my own thoughts or what to do! Depression Forum 1
October A prisoner in your own head? Depression Forum 1
Fairy Lucretia going to be on my own tonight Depression Forum 16
Z My own worst enemy! Depression Forum 1
S I think I'm going to take my own life soon and it scares me. Depression Forum 4
U Why am I so careless towards my own wellbeing/life? Depression Forum 3
R First post! Feeling so, so low today and just want to know I'm not on my own :( Depression Forum 3
M Own worst enemy Depression Forum 1
American Boy Another Christmas on my own Depression Forum 46
N Lost my own personality Depression Forum 7
U Help - I am drowning in my own life Depression Forum 2
S So so so emotionally tired (issues with partner and own family) Depression Forum 2
M I'm a danger to my own wellbeing. Depression Forum 7
L Prisoner of my own mind Depression Forum 1
J Is there something wrong with me becuase i just want to be on my own ? Depression Forum 6
M "Here I go again. (On my own)" Sorry, song entered my head, Oh let me find a you tube video. Depression Forum 21
C My own worst enemy Depression Forum 9
L All I have is my own reflection and I can't even properly see it Depression Forum 2
dodo777 spend all days on my own now Depression Forum 7
D My own ego standing in my way? Depression Forum 1
S Puzzled by my own behaviour Depression Forum 31
R Is it ever gonna go away on it's own? Depression Forum 2
NatP1 My own personal hell! Depression Forum 7
V In your own words, how would you sum up depression? Depression Forum 23
E Write your OWN self help book Depression Forum 1
N I'm on my own now Depression Forum 7
J Frightening how easy it would be to take my own life Depression Forum 2
mrlaurel bored, lonely and on my own........... Depression Forum 14