• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

difficult

whisper

whisper

Founding Member
hi i'm really sorry to bother people
but i'm having a bit of a hard time at the moment my scariets voices are out in force atm and i dont feel like i can talk to my mam right now as she's angry at me but i'm haveing some real difficulties dealing with my voices atm there shouting at me and telling me things i really cant deal with right now as well as saying some really scary things, i've taken my if needed medication but it's not helping
i'm really really sorry about posting but i'm not sure where else i can go for help right now, i'm really sorry if i'm being stupid and annoying

v01ce5

v01ce5

Hi

you are not alone in having problems coping with your voices and a lot of people who hear voices say they do seem to get worse when you are stressed out.

Check out INTERVOICE and scroll down page to see "Strategies for Coping with Distressing Voices" you can download this, lots of good ideas abot how to reduce hassles caused by voices.

Best wishes

whisper

whisper

Founding Member
thanks vo1ce5 looking around the site really helped :)

unfortunatly i got really stressed and talked back to them which made them even more difficult to cope with, especially while i'm doing exams :(

thanks for the help :) it's a real pick-me-up after a difficult few days :hug:

skitzware

skitzware

Founding Member
Tell you what I've found to help. (not a great deal but it does help sometimes).

What you do is wear an iPod in one ear, use only one earpiece. Apparently this "blocks" the olfactory loop inside the ear and "stops" the voices from being heard. (MY old CPN and Care clinic confirmed this following a recent study in America).

I cant say for certain that it helps in all cases but I hope this will help others.

whisper

whisper

Founding Member
thanks hypno, but im not too sure about psychotherapy as i kind feel awkward doing role play e.c.t and i really dont like the idea of hypnosis e.c.t.
but yeah i'll `ask the councillor about trying it
thanks =)

thanks sktizware i'm trying that as we speak, as the voices are loud and tough to deal with at the moment so hopefully it'll do somkething

thanks everyone for being so supportive :hug: