• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Difficult to Achieve things

maggie0123

maggie0123

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I think in a sense, I am ambitious and a high-achiever. But now, it is kind of fading away because I loss motivation to try and achieve things; particularly in terms of career development and wanting to do big things in my life. I am about to reach my 20s in a few months and I am no longer as ambitious as I used to be a few years ago, I don't know if that's a good thing because I am less anxious about my status or achievements. but at the same time, I miss the feeling of being productive, doing things, accomplishing things. Maybe because I want to settle down in life, have a nice home, maybe a life partner, but I'm no longer making myself try harder anymore. I feel calmer but somehow I miss the challenge. Is it good that I try less? That I don't force things anymore?

MissPink

MissPink

Ambition doesn't go. You are probably going through depression or life mental challenges that can challenge and change the way you live today. You have to accept what has happened and move forward.

Btw how old are you Maggie?

maggie0123

maggie0123

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Ambition doesn't go. You are probably going through depression or life mental challenges that can challenge and change the way you live today. You have to accept what has happened and move forward.

Btw how old are you Maggie?
Hi MissPink,

Thank you for your advice and I'm 19 years old

R

rawlinsc

I want to achieve one thing. I want to have a career but my disability is holding me back. I went to school for math education to be I teacher but I can't do it now because of my flat feet and sleep disorder. That's why I work part time as a tutor instead.

S

squizofrenia123

I wanted to be on disability but have to work instead and am teaching. I like the work so it is ok. I wanted to be on disability because my symptoms are very severe while psychotic. But, the psychdoc said just stay on your meds and you will be ok. Oh really? So, here I am teaching and trying to translate papers. So, being ambitious is all relative. I would do as one suggested and take it one day at a time with one goal at a time.

OmniscientNihilist

OmniscientNihilist

control is an illusion

most of what we do comes from our brain, which is constantly changing. we can loose interest in things we used to love and gain interest in things we used to hate

complexity and causality is the nature of this reality. we are equally incapable of seeing the nothingness from which we emerge as the infinity in which were engulfed.