Difficult experience with services

A

Abs85

After asking for help for over a year and being told that I do not meet the criteria for CMHT i had been allocated a CC three months ago. In that time my mental health had declined and i have felt suicidal for the past six weeks in part due to infections. And felt very overwhelmed as at one stage daily contact was made by the CC and duty workers.

Whilst during a hospital admission for my infection i was told I had to see the hospital mental health team and they did a joint assessment with the crisis team. I did not engage in the assessment and they stopped part way through to speak to the CMHT. Then came back and said that I had to speak to a duty worker over the phone when i am discharged. They also gave me a leaflet for the crisis team which i ripped up in front of them. An hour later they had called a Mental Health Act Assessment to which I was not detained. They asked about my social situation and would i take medication. The two doctors didn't really ask any questions until after they said that i would be under the crisis team. Then saying how well i had done by gaining a professional carer with my own history of being abused.

I feel so petrified now, my GP was asked to be one of the doctors in the assessment, he did not attend due to the time of it. He said to me that they had asked him to sign papers to allow me to be detained prior to the assessment. The crisis team came out today and said that no one wanted to detain me.

They have told my employment what happened, and all i feel at the moment is anxiety that they will try again. I don't feel i can trust services at the moment, i have been let down so many times in the past by them. And when they responded to the complaint i added on one page they said waiting 30 days to see someone is normal then on the next page it said waiting four months was not ok.

I don't know how to describe what i am feeling at this moment and I cant talk to my family or friends, as I do not want anyone to know about the MHA assessment.

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Hi,
I've had a bad experience too, hopefully they won't try to section you.
All you can do is try to keep yourself as well as possible, they can't section you then.
Take care

A

Abs85

Thank you it’s really hard as I’m not self harming and handed over all my medication. I just have had enough having to cartherise and being so unwell all the time.