• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

different levels of depression

M

mickeymoo

I always thought that depression was just depression but apparantly there are lots of different levels.

Whats the difference between mild moderate and severe and major and clinical etc?

T

TOONAFISH

im not def sure, i think clinical is when you have suffered it for so many weeks at a certain level (moderate)

this is how it was for me

mild - a bit stuck in a rut, not enjoying things as much, feelin a bit low

moderate - maybe signed off work, feel low most of the time, loss of appetite or eating lots, no libido, the feeling of wanting to escape., drinking to much, drugs, anxiety

severe- suicidal thoughts, wanting to not be here, loss of emotion or feeling v depressed. not looking after myself.

x

M

mickeymoo

How confusing! That would put me in mixed catagories. Is that possible?

M

mickeymoo

Not sure really. Thought my file said clinical and major (if that makes sense) at my drs.

When I spoke to the cpn she said she didn't think my depression was too bad because I don't constantly think about suicide. I just feel completely empty. Not particularly down but like I'll never feel anything whether something gd or bad happens, just empty.

M

mickeymoo

Forgot to add I just think about death not suicide. Does it make a difference I'm catholic>