different diagnosis from docs- schizoaffective, undifferentiated

S

schizoaffective23man

One doctor diagnosis me with schizoaffective. the other undifferentiated. The other paranoid perosnality disorder. As well as delusional disorder. I agree completely with the delusional disorder diagnosis. I believe I have a nuero transmission imbalance with a surplus of dopamine. I know hyper sexuality is associated with mental illness. Do i have this because of the high dopamine levels or because of my doctors diagnosis of undifferentiated schizophrenia? My nuero pysch evaluation concluded my working memory at the 13th percentile or better than 13 out of 100 people. That's how it averaged out. Out of 8 tests I scored 0.001 percentile (visual memory), 16th percentile, 24th percentile, 5th percentile, 80th percentile (verbal ante grade) I forget the rest. Someone who has similar issues please fill me in on the details.

F

femaletomale

Hey, fellow person with delusional disorder here :) I dont know anything definitive about hyper sexuality but it seems its a bit of an unclear topic anyway. I did find this online though:
'Addiction takes root in the reward center of the brain. It may occur when certain parts of the brain mistake pleasure responses for survival mechanisms.

The midbrain is the section of the brain that handles the body's reward system and survival instincts. As sexual activity creates a rush of dopamine, the "feel-good" chemical in the brain, this triggers the feeling of pleasure. The midbrain then mistakes this feeling of pleasure as being central to survival.

One possibility is that, in people with sexual addiction, the frontal cortex, or the brain's center of logic and morality, is impaired by the midbrain.'

There was also mention of a high amount of people who have hyper sexuality have experienced abuse, or come from dysfunctional families.

There can be really fine lines within mental health in general but even more so with similar diagnoses such as those, so unfortuntely it will probably always be something that you'll get a different answer for. Hopefully you can find peace with either diagnosis in your own way though

O

OddyUmi

Hi

"Compulsive sexual behavior is sometimes called hypersexuality, hypersexuality disorder or sexual addiction. It's an excessive preoccupation with sexual fantasies, urges or behaviors that is difficult to control, causes you distress, or negatively affects your health, job, relationships or other parts of your life."