• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Different day, same anxiety...

DMARXX

DMARXX

hey guys. today I woke up with crippling anxiety. I was peacefully asleep and then I felt a wave of dread come at me as soon as I felt even half awake. This isn't new but it hasn't happened in a long time. My body felt like it was buzzing. I then got up because I couldn't stay still and stayed up for one hour. Then I was really tired and tried going back to sleep. The first time I slept, I woke up from a scare of sleep paralysis. I could see that I was laying on my bed. I was trying to move but I couldn't. It lasted unusually long for me which is more frightening. I woke up startled but managed to fall back asleep after 10 mins.

Then the second time I woke up, I was dreaming about I don't know what but whatever it was, as I was waking up I could feel the panic come up through my neck to my head and I woke up startled again and I think I was crying but there were no tears. I don't know why this decided to happen on a day I wanted to enjoy but now I'm just here thinking and still feeling the physical symptoms. Head feels fuzzy and dull shooting pains on top(only on the left side...). Arms and legs have pins and needles. Constant flipping in my stomach. Tired but awake. Trying to feel normal but, you guys get me, sadly it's not going away. There goes my nice day...

Thank you for listening to my rant. Whenever I feel this way I like to talk to people who get me. BTW good morning...

bpd2020

bpd2020

Good morning DMARXX. I am sorry you had such a horrid wake up. I really hope the rest of your day goes well.

T

timi0000

hey guys. today I woke up with crippling anxiety. I was peacefully asleep and then I felt a wave of dread come at me as soon as I felt even half awake. This isn't new but it hasn't happened in a long time. My body felt like it was buzzing. I then got up because I couldn't stay still and stayed up for one hour. Then I was really tired and tried going back to sleep. The first time I slept, I woke up from a scare of sleep paralysis. I could see that I was laying on my bed. I was trying to move but I couldn't. It lasted unusually long for me which is more frightening. I woke up startled but managed to fall back asleep after 10 mins.

Then the second time I woke up, I was dreaming about I don't know what but whatever it was, as I was waking up I could feel the panic come up through my neck to my head and I woke up startled again and I think I was crying but there were no tears. I don't know why this decided to happen on a day I wanted to enjoy but now I'm just here thinking and still feeling the physical symptoms. Head feels fuzzy and dull shooting pains on top(only on the left side...). Arms and legs have pins and needles. Constant flipping in my stomach. Tired but awake. Trying to feel normal but, you guys get me, sadly it's not going away. There goes my nice day...

Thank you for listening to my rant. Whenever I feel this way I like to talk to people who get me. BTW good morning...
I would recommend reading the book "The Power of Now" by Eckhart Tolle and APPLYING the principles he talks about in your life. Just reading for an intellectual understanding won't make a difference. It was the very first thing that started to unlock me from my anxiety problems.

Meditating on my breath really helped too. Focusing on the sensation of my breath as it enters and leaves a nostril is what you do. I would recommend finding a teacher in your area or at least find some information on YouTube. This really helped me unlock from my anxiety too.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Anxiety Forum 3