• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

difference between paranoia and rumination?

E

emmaleemochizuki

I ruminate around a lot of things and develop these very fixed belief and patterns about a lot of things. and it doesn't matter facts doesn't show what I believe, and what I think it's happening, that worry just never goes away, and I keep going round and round regarding the same ideas.

I don't know if it's part of my personality or part of schizophrenia though I seem to be better when I am on medication.

Is this paranoia? or more like a natural reaction to things? I don't know.

ht46

ht46

It’s rumination which part of your illness it can be about paranoid thoughts, depressive and delusional thoughts. The meds are very important but therapy can help too. I use to see a psychologist about rumination one thing I learnt from it is rumination is not problem solving.

D

Daringdan

emmaleemochizuki,
Yea, it doesn't sound quite like paranoia but perhaps tied into illness generally. I recommend looking to mindfulness teachers and religious leaders for teachings on how to adopt better thought patterns. One example is that a daily gratitude practice can bring you a bit more happiness in your day. Wish you the best.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
K what is the difference between psychosis and schizophrenia Schizophrenia Forum 7
B What is the difference between psychosis in bipolar disorder and schizoaffective disorder? Schizophrenia Forum 2
telekinesis difference between being crazy and being mad and being mentally ill? Schizophrenia Forum 3
K The difference between psychosis and schizophrenia Schizophrenia Forum 3
F The difference between obsession and delusion Schizophrenia Forum 2
P 5mg haloperdol added and I think it's made the difference Schizophrenia Forum 5
D What's the difference? Schizophrenia Forum 8
Gajolene Scitzophrenia and Scitzoaffective disorder what's the difference?. Schizophrenia Forum 30
V Difference Schizophrenia Forum 2
F Re-Branding Schizophrenia - Would Changing the Name Make a Difference? Schizophrenia Forum 3
E The fine line between psychosis and reality Schizophrenia Forum 1
M What is the different between depression and schizophrenia'negative symptoms? Schizophrenia Forum 10
Mr.NiceGuy opinion circuitry between sloman and human Schizophrenia Forum 1
S Is there any interaction between clozapine and cannabis Schizophrenia Forum 6
S The area between the eyebrows and schizophrenia. Schizophrenia Forum 3
F A chemical link between early life stress and adult schizophrenia Schizophrenia Forum 1
LORD BURT Trinity Researchers Find Genetic Link Between Motor Neuron Disease and Schizophrenia Schizophrenia Forum 3
BrianHorlicks The curious relationship between truth and madness Schizophrenia Forum 11
Z Differences between early psychosis and depression Schizophrenia Forum 4
B Anyone Else See Similarities Between LSD and Schizophrenia? Schizophrenia Forum 7
F Further evidence found for causal links between cannabis and schizophrenia Schizophrenia Forum 23
cpuusage The Bridge Between Two Worlds: a Shaman's View of Schizophrenia & Acute Sensitivity Schizophrenia Forum 58
F Effect of Name Change of Schizophrenia on Mass Media Between 1985 and 2013 in Japan: A Text Data Mining Analysis. Schizophrenia Forum 1
R virgin train between brum and london Schizophrenia Forum 4
F The Association between Negative Symptoms, Psychotic Experiences and Later Schizophrenia: A Population-Based Longitudinal Study Schizophrenia Forum 10
F Association between prolactin and thyroid hormones with severity of psychopathology and suicide risk in drug free male schizophrenia Schizophrenia Forum 3
F The Autism-Spectrum Quotient: overlap between Asperger syndrome and schizophrenia Schizophrenia Forum 6
cpuusage Freud's Schreber between Psychiatry and Psychoanalysis: On Subjective Disposition to Psychosis - Author's notes Schizophrenia Forum 4
DavidJames Discerning between voice hearing and delusion. Schizophrenia Forum 6
L I noticed a dissonant theme running between schizophrenia and depression sufferers Schizophrenia Forum 25
F Two new studies show genetic link between childhood and adult psychiatric disorders Schizophrenia Forum 3
D Now here is a fishy tail who has the nerve to cause upset to a cancer sufferer who has nothing betwix or between Schizophrenia Forum 4
F New review confirms the strong association between criminal history and violence risk in psychosis Schizophrenia Forum 28
R Link between pot and psychosis goes both ways in kids. Schizophrenia Forum 1
S Mental illness only between 9:30 and 5:30 Schizophrenia Forum 10
N Differance between intrusive thoughts and voices....? Schizophrenia Forum 15
Ven I have a overwhelming paranoia that my therapist and psychiatrist don't believe me and it might be true? Schizophrenia Forum 7
Nate Paranoia? Maybe? Schizophrenia Forum 4
P Stress from paranoia Schizophrenia Forum 12
Linda1989 Is it paranoia ? Schizophrenia Forum 4
C Does anyone have any useful techniques to help with paranoia? Schizophrenia Forum 5
N Out Shopping to Different Area - Paranoia?? Took Med dose,25ml. Schizophrenia Forum 2
D passing on paranoia Schizophrenia Forum 2
Ras Paranoia and delusional thoughts Schizophrenia Forum 11
ht46 Living with paranoia Schizophrenia Forum 21
A Anosognosia about my paranoia Schizophrenia Forum 0
Lone_wanderer Paranoia Lurking... Schizophrenia Forum 10
N Paranoia or not to be Paranoia, That is the Question Schizophrenia Forum 10
N Problems of Heard Voices, and too much Exernal Paranoia, Filtering through to me. Schizophrenia Forum 5
S Paranoia when stressed/anxious Schizophrenia Forum 11