• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

differance between schizoaffective and schizophrenia

M

mickeymoo

whats the difference between these or are they linked/?

Rorschach

Rorschach

Founding Member
I call Scizoaffective disorder a B.O.G.O.F. offer as its both Schizophrenia and Bipolar/Affective Disorder as I understand it.

M

mickeymoo

haha bogof!!!! where would schizoaffective become schizophrenia though and when would bipola become schizoaffective?

Rorschach

Rorschach

Founding Member
haha bogof!!!! where would schizoaffective become schizophrenia though and when would bipolar become schizoaffective?
Well I think originally were either diagnosed with Schizophrenia or Manic Depression, they then found some people who did what they said couldn't happen, i.e have both sets of symptoms; this is now covered by the diagnosis schizoaffective.

While Mania and Schizophrenia are both psychotic states, the experience is said to be subtly different.

D

diddypinks

ACCOUNT CLOSED
i could be wrong but i think schizo affective disorder is like having some bipolar symtoms and some schizophrenia symtoms that dont match the diagnostic catergory for either.