• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Did you get told your diagnosis or was it implied for a long time before you were formally diagnosed?

E

emmaleemochizuki

I wasn't really told until like years later.

lifecangetbetter

lifecangetbetter

i just accepted at 30 that MANY of my hallucinations are inaccurate so i just confessed to myself that im crazy. which was really hard

lifecangetbetter

lifecangetbetter

Ok, but medical wise, what changed?
Too many of my hallucinations were in accurate. So I just admitted I am wrong. Many of my hallucinations are completely wrong. Once you have a certain amount of your hallucinations not come true you realize you're not right. Sadly is was simple as that. :/

Ras

Ras

ACCOUNT CLOSED
i was admitted into a hospital due to severe delusions and paranoia and while i was in there for 2 months, i was told nothing. A few weeks after i was released, i went to a GP appointment and was given a form type of thing saying what was done while i was in the hospital and that is where i seen that i had 2 new diagnosis.
Kind of annoying that no one actually took the time to tell me bout it. At the time i had no idea what schizophrenia even was. Had to research it myself afterwards to actually know

W

WH433

Months after my first hospitalisation I googled my symptoms, wondering what on earth had just happened, and learned of the word psychosis. 10 years and 2 more hospitalisations later, no-one has come out and ever said this is your diagnosis. It was just on paperwork I had access to. Since then I have spoke to my GP once about 12 months ago and she actually said the s word. But that's the only time. It's weird and I don't think it's helpful.

L

linus

I mean: did the medics change your meds after the diagnosis? Got a different treatment?

E

emmaleemochizuki

No it was the same for me, same types of meds. But my diagnosis changed from bipolar to schizoaffective so my new meds are primarily for psychosis rather than using antipsychotics as a mood stabiliser.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
BEASTMODEWARRIOR is anyone on abilify, hows your experience, did it work for you? Schizophrenia Forum 7
H How did you first know you had schizophrenia? Schizophrenia Forum 3
B How did it started? Schizophrenia Forum 1
TDCI1994 When did your schizophrenia first start and was there any previous mental health issues before? Schizophrenia Forum 58
C For female people, when did you start hallucinating and what was it like? Schizophrenia Forum 9
A When did you realise you had Schizophrenia? Schizophrenia Forum 26
E At what age did you catch your sz? Schizophrenia Forum 17
D How much weight did you gain on clozapine, if you gained any? Schizophrenia Forum 14
T Hi you guys. How did schizophrenia start out for you? Schizophrenia Forum 9
T How did you know you had the illness? Schizophrenia Forum 105
G Oprah did a show on schizophrenia Schizophrenia Forum 3
Daybreak What did you eat and drink today? Schizophrenia Forum 80
S All the medication did for me was... Schizophrenia Forum 1
S drugs that never did anything Schizophrenia Forum 2
I What did psychotic people commonly believe before modern technology? Schizophrenia Forum 14
S did you do any practical analysis for ur schizophrenia diagnosis? Schizophrenia Forum 1
S where did my mum go wrong? where did i go wrong? Schizophrenia Forum 10
cpuusage Healing - schizophrenia - how they did it E6 Schizophrenia Forum 3
N At what age did your symptoms surface? Schizophrenia Forum 14
shaky Why did it take eight years to diagnose my son#s schizophrenia - Phillipa Lowe Schizophrenia Forum 3
F Did it go away or was it never really there? Schizophrenia Forum 6
F A Beautiful Mind: What Did John Nash Really Have? Schizophrenia Forum 11
fazza Where did my emotions go. Schizophrenia Forum 13
GreenEmerald have any of you experienced spacing out (depersonalisation) and how did you overcpme it Schizophrenia Forum 6
I How did your schizophrenia start? Schizophrenia Forum 11
F "I Did Not Believe I Was Delusional, Let Alone Psychotic" Schizophrenia Forum 1
A Did Natalie Portman in the film Black Swan have Schizophrenia? Schizophrenia Forum 5
BEASTMODEWARRIOR I know my therapist told not to watch this type of videos but this i had to watch this omg this vide made me laugh. soul ties say what omg. Schizophrenia Forum 4
Mr.NiceGuy Digging a new home in the woods, because voices told me to run away Schizophrenia Forum 3
R told a women i was schitzoprenic noticed her name has vanished from my facebook friends Schizophrenia Forum 10
LORD BURT boss told me to be more polite on emails Schizophrenia Forum 4
A Just got told I don't seem sick Schizophrenia Forum 5
E so I am told ... Schizophrenia Forum 2
O Things others have told me that make Schizophrenia worse. Schizophrenia Forum 2
E I am told this is an interuption,do you hear the same voices, do you hear barks there Schizophrenia Forum 15
K Diagnoses on paper but not been told Schizophrenia Forum 3
T Friend told me he thinks he might have Schizophrenia. Not sure what I should do. Schizophrenia Forum 1
M Am I about to make the biggest mistake of my life (want to come off meds, and the pdoc told me it's my choice)? Schizophrenia Forum 5
P Down about my psychosis... and diagnosis Schizophrenia Forum 7
E Age you start experiencing psychotic symptoms to age of diagnosis? Schizophrenia Forum 9
S Recent diagnosis Schizophrenia Forum 1
ht46 Diagnosis Schizophrenia Forum 10
R steering by the diagnosis Schizophrenia Forum 3
I Has Your Diagnosis Changed Your View of God? Schizophrenia Forum 23
A Schizophrenia diagnosis Schizophrenia Forum 16
E Opening up to friends & loved ones about your diagnosis Schizophrenia Forum 7
M Digesting Diagnosis Schizophrenia Forum 3
H Diagnosis and denial Schizophrenia Forum 2
FadeToBlack How/have you rebuilt your life post-diagnosis? Schizophrenia Forum 2
RKA1952 Default Diagnosis? Schizophrenia Forum 8