DID only when angry, or is it something else?

B

Boomcar

My husband whom has ASD is displaying symptoms when angry that are confusing us both:

When angry he will end up saying out of character hurtful things, and then have no memory of them at all. The things are so out of charecter that he himself will argue why they would make no sense to say, and even sometimes thinks I made up him saying those things just to make him think something is wrong with him.

Could this be DID? He doesnt do this all the time, only when angry.

SunnyDaze

SunnyDaze

My husband whom has ASD is displaying symptoms when angry that are confusing us both:

When angry he will end up saying out of character hurtful things, and then have no memory of them at all. The things are so out of charecter that he himself will argue why they would make no sense to say, and even sometimes thinks I made up him saying those things just to make him think something is wrong with him.

Could this be DID? He doesnt do this all the time, only when angry.
Is this something he has always done or something fairly recent? Reason I ask is DID isn't something that would just suddenly develop in adulthood. If he was switching into an alter you would have noticed this same behavior all along.

I suggest he gets a full medical exam by a doctor just to be safe.If physical health is ok then maybe have him seek psychological help.It could be anything and not necessarily DID causing that when angry including what people call blind rage which isn't a mental disorder that many people experience.

As a sidenote,my husband started having memory problems like you describe and it turned out to be mini strokes.So it's best to seek medical attention if this is something new for your husband.

nomask

nomask

I also agree with what SunnyDaze said about blind rage. When you have blind rage, you can have memory gaps and act out of character. If the only time he ever has memory gaps and acts out of character is when he's angry, that's a more likely cause. That said, I'm not a professional and I know there's a lot of different causes for memory gaps and acting out of character.