• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Did I try to seduce my boyfriend’s sister??

S

sunshine0908

Okay so. It’s my boyfriend’s birthday. He has a twin sister. He is in the marines so I’m celebrating with her but we’re friends so it’s cool. We were trying to take cute pictures with these birthday balloons she got and I’m a little tipsy so when I am I’m usually more talkative and hyper compared to being kinda quiet. I thought it would be a cute idea to turn around and hold the balloons over our head. I don’t know if you’re able to envision what I mean but yeah. I was tipsy, therefore hyper, and I don’t know enthusiastic about the idea I guess cause I thought it would be a cute photo. I guess I was biting my lip while I said it. She asked why was I biting my lip and asked if I was trying to seduce her, which she said as a joke, but it bothered me and I can’t stop thinking about it. I didn’t even mean to bite my lip and if I had to explain why I did I would say I was just giddy and enthusiastic and idk. Can’t you bite your lip out of excitement or just because you’re happy while talking? I know this sounds ridiculous I KNOW but I can’t stop thinking about it because I have HOCD and get sexually intrusive thoughts so her saying I was trying to seduce her even if she was joking freaked me out. I got upset and was quiet for the rest of the night.

JessisMe

JessisMe

You’re fine. I’m sure she was only joking.

E

EstherRose94

I think a lot of people become more outgoing & expressive after a drink or two. I think that the expression you made just happened and wasn’t necessarily flirting. I’ve said and done some embarrassing things when drinking so I feel ya but in my experience, getting some sleep or even a nap helps make the panic you’re feeling go away. I almost always have increased anxiety the day after I have alcohol, whether anything embarrassing has happened or not. But yeah a facial expression isn’t seduction. No worries there.

H

Hopeendsfear

I’m sure you’re in the clear. As previously stated, I’m sure she was joking and I really don’t think it was an unconscious Freudian thing where you were attracted to her and the expression of attraction came to the surface. You had what you thought was a good idea, got excited about it, and biting your lip is a normal expression of General excitement.