• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

did anyone tell their parents that they would never get married?

H

HodakaYN

i wonder if anyone has given up on the idea of love, romance or relationships. and if so, how did you feel about it when you realised it? and if you told your parents, how did you do it?

Lavender_Rose

Lavender_Rose

I've given up in the idea but also probably still hope for it if that makes sense. It's more like I've accepted the reality that I live a life of solitude. It took me many years to accept this because it made me severely depressed. I didn't have to tell my parents it pretty obvious when I spend all my time by myself and don't go out dating and such. I make random sarcastic jokes about it sometimes. I decided to accept it because I was tired of feeling so sad over not feeling wanted or good enough. There wasn't a moment of realization it was more a process over several years.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Q DID, Anyone? Mental Health Experiences 6
N Did anyone else hear voices as a kid? Mental Health Experiences 7
E Did anyone else have problems coming to terms with their counselling sessions ending...? Mental Health Experiences 11
H Did anyone have similar experiences? Mental Health Experiences 1
A Did your parents give you drugs as an early teen? Mental Health Experiences 51
M I've finaly taken a medical appointment, how did yours went ? Mental Health Experiences 1
T The 4th how did I go?? Mental Health Experiences 1
L I did a really stupid thing Mental Health Experiences 8
S Just about did me in Mental Health Experiences 2
L WHY DID YOU LEAVE? Mental Health Experiences 6
H When in your life did you feel most isolated? Mental Health Experiences 12
Carol1952 did u know that humidity can effect our anxieties Mental Health Experiences 2
arihiandco Did mental neglect invalidate my trauma? Mental Health Experiences 2
wollie How did you become mentaly ill Mental Health Experiences 25
A How did you cope with life after graduating university or even leaving the education system in general Mental Health Experiences 16
S my brain telling me I did something wrong Mental Health Experiences 6
T Did your mother slap you in the face when you were growing up? Mental Health Experiences 24
Not_Crazy_Yet When did you first realize you really were thru the looking Glass? Mental Health Experiences 14
valleygirl Attachment Crap - I did it again Mental Health Experiences 16
valleygirl I Did Something Really Stupid Totally By Accident Mental Health Experiences 13
I Another chemical castration interview I did with another service user Mental Health Experiences 2
S whats the craziest things voices did with you ? Mental Health Experiences 4
K Hope I did this right! Mental Health Experiences 3
J Did I have a panic attack? Mental Health Experiences 4
Zlic795 When did you begin hearing voices? Mental Health Experiences 1
S Did something out of character Mental Health Experiences 1
V did very well until a few days ago Mental Health Experiences 61
ghost on ice I did a terrible thing. I'm afraid of doing it again. Mental Health Experiences 8
D what did she say. Mental Health Experiences 3
The Big Dawg What did I say Mental Health Experiences 2
P First epidsode of visual halluncination - did your mind feel unstable? Mental Health Experiences 6
M How much did your upbringing affect your illness? Mental Health Experiences 29
cpuusage At What Point Did We Start Accepting Our Insane World As The Norm? Mental Health Experiences 8
prairiechick I did a really stupid thing Mental Health Experiences 6
J People you dont know who somehow put you in a bad mood-did I handle these situations right? Mental Health Experiences 1
H Symptom: Did i just say that out loud? Mental Health Experiences 4
pippinjay I am in bed it is half past six and I was bored so I did a little hop skip an duh jump over the haystack to where the tooth fairies live and this is w Mental Health Experiences 20
amathus The effect of parental conflict on children - did it effect you do you think? Mental Health Experiences 17
M Did you grow up with mentally ill parents? Mental Health Experiences 33
T How did I get here. Mental Health Experiences 2
M did I cry? Mental Health Experiences 4
S Did other people ever believe your unreal beliefs? Mental Health Experiences 10
Raina Walks wish i were stronger so that the 's' threads did not get me making plans... Mental Health Experiences 1
U Where did my thread go? Mental Health Experiences 1
cloudberry wow, I thinkI just did it instead of worrying about it Mental Health Experiences 1
D Anyone else been driven crazy from pain? Mental Health Experiences 3
A Anyone around to speak? Mental Health Experiences 4
M anyone on? Mental Health Experiences 9
D Does anyone recognise this type of behaviour and know the cause? Mental Health Experiences 15
D Anyone tried CBT? Mental Health Experiences 2