• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

diazepam side effects

E

eternity

my doc put me on diazepam for anxiety on friday. i was told to take it for 2 days just to make sure i don't get any side effects so i took them yesterday and friday and then i just have to take them on the days it is bad. i wasn't planning on taking any today but last night i had some dreams that left me feeling terrible. it was that bad that my daughter knew i was having a bad day as soon as she got up. so i have taken the diazepam again today but i'm worried that it's the diazepam causing the dreams and i'm going to get into a viscious cycle with the diazepam causing dreams but then needing the diazepam to be able to cope with the feelings i'm left with. i was just wondering what other people's experiences are with diazepam and i'm going to go talk to my pharmacist tomorrow aswell.
thanks in advance.

eternity :unsure:

S

staples

hi

i have been prescribed with diazepam on two occasions to be used as a sleeper. i found they relaxed me on 5mg but if i didnt fall asleep then i couldnt get to sleep after they wore off.

the doc says they are highly addicitve and only to use in an emergency sort of thing but cant say i experieced any side effects.