• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Diagnosis?

D

damien83

I have recently been referred to the “Early Intervention Service” because I have been suffering from hallucinations/voices etc. They have asked me lots of questions and are about to prescribe me with Anti-psychotic medication. However, they said that it isn’t their job to diagnose me, all they will tell me is that I am suffering from “psychosis”. I am pretty confident I suffer from Schizophrenia but how would I go about having tests for this and getting it diagnosed/ruled out?

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
I know theres dangers to this idea but just look up the drugs in the british pharmaceutical, i've heard you can't really go from medication to illness but personallly i feel you can get some idea

They don't give a diagnosis psychobabble, the whole of medocine is about finding a diagnosis from a set of symptoms and prescribing treatment

M

maudikie

damien 83

It may be because there is a lot of campaigning at present to change the name of schizophrneia because it has had a great deal of bad press. Hope you are feeling a bit better. It may take alittl e while.
Best wishes and take care.

Dysmas

Dysmas

I'm in the same position as you. I've been with the Early Intervention Service for about 9 months, and all i've been told is that i suffer with Psychosis.

D

diddypinks

ACCOUNT CLOSED
hello there i just wanted to say that i was told i had phycosis for a long time 6 years i loked up on the internet and it said that professionals dont like to label scitzophrenics because there is a high suicide rate so in this country they dont use it all the time i always knew i was scitzophrenic and they only recently told me i am paranoid scitzophrenic. it made me angry like they were lying to me i think thats worse and not right for already suspicious people.

A

Apotheosis

It was eight years, from first suffering a psychotic break - to being labelled Schizophrenic. Wish I'd never been labelled with it.

D

diddypinks

ACCOUNT CLOSED
if you had an physical illness you JUST want to KNOW what it is only you can label yourself iam NOT my illness i am me. give me fact over fiction any day tho doesnt make the slightest bit of difference to my life anyway:confused: