Diagnosis.

N

num

So I was diagnosed with bpd this week and it makes so much sense it’s quite a lot to take in and
Suddenly realise the past 20 years I’ve not known but it just makes perfect sense. All my ruined relationships and paranoia and trust issues. Just wish it had happened sooner and my life was different.

Lunus

Lunus

So I was diagnosed with bpd this week and it makes so much sense it’s quite a lot to take in and
Suddenly realise the past 20 years I’ve not known but it just makes perfect sense. All my ruined relationships and paranoia and trust issues. Just wish it had happened sooner and my life was different.
Welcome :welcome: to the forum. I too was diagnosed this year and yes you could look back on ‘wasted’ years, broken relationships and the pain and suffering you have felt. However, there is no point. It will only increase your suffering. Take your life from TODAY. You Haydn explanation of your erratic behaviour and now just need to learn the techniques to reduce the power of your emotions.
Finally, may I ask if you could change your name (to avoid any confusion) lol.

N

num

I have heard this. I have to kill my binge drinking and drugs right now but I find sometimes I’m wasted and haven’t even meant to go do it. I’ll try change it yeah

Lunus

Lunus

I have heard this. I have to kill my binge drinking and drugs right now but I find sometimes I’m wasted and haven’t even meant to go do it. I’ll try change it yeah
You will find you are not unique, we’ve all got very self destructive coping mechanisms that give us short term relief. Drugs and alcohol are very common. Focus on controlling your BPD symptoms and the behavioural dysregulation will be a lot easier to reduce and eventually stop.

N

num

Yeah it’s difficult to stop yourself when it’s all you feel helps. I can’t wait to start feeling more normal, what issues have you found it’s caused you in the past that you can tackle easier now
You know? I’ve tried to change the name but don’t know how. I messaged the admin people

Lunus

Lunus

Yeah it’s difficult to stop yourself when it’s all you feel helps. I can’t wait to start feeling more normal, what issues have you found it’s caused you in the past that you can tackle easier now
You know? I’ve tried to change the name but don’t know how. I messaged the admin people
First, sorry about the name, I’ve just noticed you’re LunAs and I’m LunUs so it shouldn’t be a problem lol.
On issues, I could be here all night lol. I’m summary I’m either hyper aroused (Anxiety, overwhelmed, chaotic responses, emotional or angry responses) leading to obsessive compulsive behaviour, addictions, over eating and impulsiveness, or I’m hypo aroused (disassociating, shutting down, memory loss) leading to a separation of self, with absolutely no emotion at all, an auto pilot mode where I’m not really there. BPD impacts ALL areas of your life but particularly with family and relationships. We are VERY hard to life with.
The therapy most suitable for this is Dialectical Behavioural Therapy (DBT) which teaches Mindfulness. I’ve only recently started but my relationships are slowly improving and I’ve dramatically reduced the number of self destructive coping mechanisms I use.

N

num

I don’t really know what category I fall into yet. I binge alcohol and drugs past two relationships were quite abusive I didn’t trust them I was unfaithful I drove everyone around me to madness I had crazy rage bouts where I ended up being arrested. Just totally fucking mad like I make shit up and then blow up because I’ve upset myself and it’s not even true. Just don’t get along with many people at all. Do not trust anyone whatsoever and act so impulsively it’s scary.

Lunus

Lunus

I don’t really know what category I fall into yet. I binge alcohol and drugs past two relationships were quite abusive I didn’t trust them I was unfaithful I drove everyone around me to madness I had crazy rage bouts where I ended up being arrested. Just totally fucking mad like I make shit up and then blow up because I’ve upset myself and it’s not even true. Just don’t get along with many people at all. Do not trust anyone whatsoever and act so impulsively it’s scary.
At least you know why you have acted in the manner you did now. The vast majority of people recover to lead ‘normal’ fulfilling lives. Your journey starts here.

Lunus

Lunus

Yeah it explains a lot. It’s a peculiar feeling isn’t it
Indeed it is. If you’re like me you’ll spend the next month or so saying ‘oh, that’s why I did that’. It’s all down to not being able to regulate your emotions. Anyway my friend you’ll find this forum very helpful, friendly and non judgemental. You’re not alone.